7 Posts

Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster path rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what happen if i pass through a path with a monster and don't have any clank cube in my pool (and no sword) ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul P.
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pass through a path with a monster and don't have a sword to "use" you take 1 damage per monster in that tunnel. Clank cubes have no effect when dealing with monsters in tunnels. Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Bush
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
01101111 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01111010 01100101 01110010 01101111 01100101 01110011
mbmbmbmbmb
DocChills wrote:
If you pass through a path with a monster and don't have a sword to "use" you take 1 damage per monster in that tunnel. Clank cubes have no effect when dealing with monsters in tunnels. Hope that helps!

You use the same cubes to represent damage though. He's asking if his personal stock of cubes is depleted how can he show that he's taken damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is covered in the rules:

Quote:
"Running Out of Clank!:
If you ever run out of cubes in your personal supply, then you can’t choose to take damage while moving through tunnels. But you also can’t be forced to add any more Clank! — you get off free! (At least until you get any cubes back from healing. Nothing’s free forever.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
odie73 wrote:
That is covered in the rules:

Quote:
"Running Out of Clank!:
If you ever run out of cubes in your personal supply, then you can’t choose to take damage while moving through tunnels. But you also can’t be forced to add any more Clank! — you get off free! (At least until you get any cubes back from healing. Nothing’s free forever.)

Which basically means you can't take that monster path by choice. It isn't that you 'get off free' from your own actions of choice, but mandatory actions no longer penalize you until you get some cubes again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millo76 wrote:
what happen if i pass through a path with a monster and don't have any clank cube in my pool (and no sword) ?

What do you mean by ‘pool’? If you mean your reserve, i.e. you have no red cubes left at all, you can’t choose that path, as others have said. If you mean the pool of clank ready to go into the bag, then you’ve been taking them from the wrong place all along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I believe they added in the Sunken Treasure expansion, if you don't have cubes to put in and you would take damage, you are KOed immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.