Subject: the plastic version, how does it stack up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dsd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
i'm inquiring about the plastic version, if anyone has any experience with it?

i was wondering are the pieces balanced? (since some plastic is weighted), will they be easy to knock down and hard to place on the structure?
does the mold used to make the pieces produce round corner and sharp edges? (blunt edges will make the pieces slide off

any information is gladly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the wooden version the week it hit stores, and gave two copies of the plastic as gifts this past Christmas. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm tempted to get a plastic copy because it plays so well and will be immune to warping. My wooden copy has only minor instances of warp, but the plastic pieces are just perfect. No mold lines or flash, just perfect plastic pieces. Weight felt more or less identical to the wooden version. I think the cards in the plastic version are an improvement over my wooden version (though newly-made copies of the wooden version may have the new cards too).

I have minor complaints with the packaging of the plastic version, but they don't amount to a lot when this great game can be had in such a great version for such a great price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dsdjpofjs wrote:
i'm inquiring about the plastic version, if anyone has any experience with it?

i was wondering are the pieces balanced? (since some plastic is weighted), will they be easy to knock down and hard to place on the structure?
does the mold used to make the pieces produce round corner and sharp edges? (blunt edges will make the pieces slide off

any information is gladly appreciated

Publisher here- I have both. The plastic's weight is distributed the same as the wood. Plus a bit more durable in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Plastic is the version to get. Plays great, no regrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just got the plastic version. Some of the pieces feel surprisngly weighty. They stack pretty well, though easy to knock over, but I guess that's the same with the wooden pieces, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've got the plastic version today. I was sure the pieces were molded to the shapes.
But to my surpise the shapes are assembled from parts (cannot say whether it is true for every shape or just some of them). Here is the picture

This way it looks cheeper than I suspected.
Just my 2 cents.

UPD: Some light after a play: nevertheless the pieces appeared well-balanced and with smooth edges (and more heavy than it seemed). So the gameplay is enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.