United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang. Awesome.

(Though maybe a missed opportunity to not have the Joker featured at all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the idea of the game, but I feel like I just watched a trailer for a new phone app/game. Looking forward to the launch and really getting to see the game in all its glory, and ideally sme gameplay reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trailer music seems to be clearly inspired by the Nolan movies which had terrific soundtracks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Looks awesome. They should make a boardgame based on this videogame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Leedguitar wrote:
Loving the idea of the game, but I feel like I just watched a trailer for a new phone app/game. Looking forward to the launch and really getting to see the game in all its glory, and ideally sme gameplay reviews.

here you go:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited for the game, but I hope this does not become the standard way to do board game trailers on KS. I just... all that extra money spent on animating this when I really don't care feels weird. But maybe that's how you get ... uh.. for lack of a better word, 'normal' people to buy board games lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rupes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Kickstarted board games push $3 million... this is what you get. This is probably the biggest Kickstarter in Q1 2018 and I think should surpass $3 million by a smallish margin. Add another $1 million in late backers and you are looking at enough $$ to sponsor a nice trailer and advertising campaign. Not to mention the fact that Monolith's reputation and existence as a company is going to come down to the success of both this KS and the next Mythic Battles: Ragnarok one later in 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrupes wrote:
When Kickstarted board games push $3 million... this is what you get. This is probably the biggest Kickstarter in Q1 2018 and I think should surpass $3 million by a smallish margin. Add another $1 million in late backers and you are looking at enough $$ to sponsor a nice trailer and advertising campaign. Not to mention the fact that Monolith's reputation and existence as a company is going to come down to the success of both this KS and the next Mythic Battles: Ragnarok one later in 2018.

Ragnarok is 2019 along with Conan 2.0. Last I heard, 2018 is Batman, Mythic Battles: Pantheon reprint, and Claustrophobia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarious how much this looks like a low budget version of the Rocksteady Arkham game series (I don’t mean that as a criticism of the board game itself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another catwoman model
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ngui
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Excellent!
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
jrupes wrote:

Honestly, 3M would be a big failure considering the work done, the theme, and the money put inside (no, money was not because of the trailer )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what a stupid trailer. is this supposed to be the next video game or a board game? it would have been way better to show more artwork and gameplay and maybe say a few line about the mechanics. this is completely useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
what a stupid trailer. is this supposed to be the next video game or a board game? it would have been way better to show more artwork and gameplay and maybe say a few line about the mechanics. this is completely useless.

What a stupid commentary. This is a hype trailer just to show on the top of the KS page, create something cool to show and linking thematic view with actions of gameplay. Almost all KS boardgames do this, just look at kingdom Death video, cool music and some miniatures (and Poots blabbering some nonsense ), look at Conan, Mythic Battles... no one will learn how to play the game in a KS video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
I'm excited for the game, but I hope this does not become the standard way to do board game trailers on KS. I just... all that extra money spent on animating this when I really don't care feels weird. But maybe that's how you get ... uh.. for lack of a better word, 'normal' people to buy board games lol.

It looks like game play video from the Batman Arkham series video games. Presumably they got permission from the publisher, though not crediting the source material does make me wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morpheus133 wrote:

It looks like game play video from the Batman Arkham series video games. Presumably they got permission from the publisher, though not crediting the source material does make me wonder.

It does but it looks like it was run through some "magic 8 bit" filter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
morpheus133 wrote:
bubblepipemedia wrote:

It is a 100% created from scratch.
The settings where the action takes place are our gameboards recreated in 3D. Nothing from the videogames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

What a stupid commentary. This is a hype trailer just to show on the top of the KS page, create something cool to show and linking thematic view with actions of gameplay. Almost all KS boardgames do this, just look at kingdom Death video, cool music and some miniatures (and Poots blabbering some nonsense ), look at Conan, Mythic Battles... no one will learn how to play the game in a KS video.

the problem is, for me at least, that the trailer looks like it promotes a cheap video game rather than a cool board game. the other trailers you mention do a better job in promoting a board game in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjy Simpson
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
eduguima wrote:
LX1986 wrote:

the problem is, for me at least, that the trailer looks like it promotes a cheap video game rather than a cool board game. the other trailers you mention do a better job in promoting a board game in my opinion.

Yes, I agree. Before watching the trailer, I pulled my wife over and said, “Just so you know, I’m backing this. I want to play with the kids when they’re older. Let’s watch the trailer.” She thought it was a video game as well but also saw the boardgame aspects.

I don’t think there will be many issues as folks can quickly scroll through the Kickstarter page, but typically I would say videos / advertisements should clearly explain your product and not add possible confusion.

Still excited to back (even though I’m not a Batman fan)! Even more excited for Claustrophobia!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the future of board gaming...
reminds me of when I was a kid, watching adverts of Hungry Hippo, thinking they could really lick their lips. Like in the ads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Makes me wanna buy a Batman turn-based video game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
Makes me wanna buy a Batman turn-based video game.

I think something like Hitman Go could be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herefor Thecomments
Australia
flag msg tools
From the constant shots of the board, to cubes being moved, to dice being rolled I was able to identify this as a board game trailer immediately. I didn't think this made me a Batman level detective until now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Statesville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think doing the intro video the way they did was cool and innovative. The only suggestion I would have made is to add a lot MORE integrations of actual game mechanics throughout the video. Besides, I am sure there will be plenty of other gameplay videos attached to the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.