Félix Bernat Julián
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This entry is for the 2018 2-player PnP Design Contest

Roll , push , connect and score!

EXPLODING DICE is a puzzle of dice and candies, where players will have to connect dice of their color to score and win the game. Beware! If you connect dice of the same candy they explode!

Author: Félix Bernat

Nº OF PLAYERS: 2
PLAYING TIME: 10-15 minutes
GAME CONTENTS: 16 dice (D6) (4xRed , 4xGreen , 4xBlue , 4xYellow) ,The board , Score sheet, 4 score counters(1xred, 1xGreen , 1xBlue, 1xYellow)

Check the rules here Exploding Dice Rules

PnP Files uploading.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
The Evil... The Chaotic... The Wallaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
With specialized dice like those, I'm afraid you're going to have a bugger of a time getting play-testers. But the concept looks fun.

Edit: Second glance, maybe not. I had imagined the pips were different colors on the dice. But it looks workable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Bernat Julián
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Yes , it's needed to customized the dice to play , but it is pretty easy.

Just one specific face of each dice is different. With a pen or pencil can be done , the modification is like this:

I will add a diferent set of rules with this type of dice.

If the people like the game, I will add the candy dice faces to stick to the dice , but the dice need to be big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my games Whack & Slaughter and Zombie Slayer I provide templates for people define colours for pips.

Maybe somthing like that could work for your game, too?

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Donche
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
That tracker thing on the right looks very small. What if someone bumps the table? What if one of the players has a hook for an arm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Bernat Julián
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kai!

I will check them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also,

you might want to add a link to this thread in the main thread for the contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Lidström Isegrim
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
In my games Whack & Slaughter and Zombie Slayer I provide templates for people define colours for pips.

Kind regards,
Kai

This is a good solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Bernat Julián
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahah

Its true Daniel, it is not very stable during the game. I tried to keep the score sheet in the long of the page but the boxes got very thin . I am thinking in changing it to a diagonal one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Bernat Julián
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:

Kind regards,
Kai

I have checked and the design is pretty original for the dots of the dice. The game mechanichs looks very interesting.

How do you recommend to paint the dots of the dice? I think the best way is to use color pens . I will try to do it that way. I will show the final appearance of the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi,

Just a reminder that the contest entry period closes in about 12 hours. If you don't have components available and linked by then, I will automatically withdraw your entry from the contest.

I hope you can make it...

JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Bernat Julián
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks john,

But I could not arrive. The last month I saw a weakness in the game . An always winning strategy and I fix it without doing so many changes in the rules , but I finished the last weekend.

However I will post in a few days how to play the game , also using standard color dice.

BR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.