Apocrypha Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Apocrypha Chapters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Christiansen
Denmark
Grenaa
flag msg tools
I am confused about on what we get from the kickstarter. I pledged at $99 for all chapters, and received "Box One" so far. They talk about box two and three in the updates, but are these equal "all chapters" OR boxes released after KS with no ties whatsoever. I dont understand how my pledge differs from the $66 one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilipChrs wrote:
I am confused about on what we get from the kickstarter. I pledged at $99 for all chapters, and received "Box One" so far. They talk about box two and three in the updates, but are these equal "all chapters" OR boxes released after KS with no ties whatsoever. I dont understand how my pledge differs from the $66 one.

There were originally going to be two boxes of cards from the KickStarter. At the request of the distributor, those two sets were broken into three boxes instead to make it easier to sell.

Sources:
* https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...
* https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...

So these three boxes (The World, The Flesh, The Devil) represent "all chapters" as promised in the KickStarter, and you should expect to get all three.

I'm not sure about the timing of delivery. Last I was following, the two expansion boxes (Flesh/Devil) were supposed to be delivered at the same time - sometime in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marr
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably mid-2018 at current rate of progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest update (#54, Jan 31st): "Apocrypha: The Flesh is at the printer and we've cleared them to begin printing. We expect that to start in the next few weeks, while we wrap up The Devil and get it to them as they finish production on The Flesh. It's a complex process that we'll get updates on as it goes along, and we'll share them with you when we have details. For now, we're just approving what we get back and letting the printing professionals do what they do."

Having witnessed unintended printer delays [of tabletop games] first-hand over the past 20+ years, I'm estimating to-backer shipping of boxes two and three sometime in May. My basis is that they wrap work on The Devil by the end of February*, get its files to the printer, go through proofing, then printing, shipping, customs, individual packing, and then individual shipping.

*Note: Not based on insider knowledge of the state of The Devil -- just based on 'reading the tea leaves'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toon_ace wrote:

Hmm... And my previous experience suggests adding (at least) 2 months to any date that seems reasonable. If it arrives earlier, great! If not, my expectations won't be hurt.

May would be nice. I'm hoping to see the extra boxes arrive sometime mid- or late-summer.

Edit: Just to be clear, I have no inside knowledge or idea when things will ship. The May guess sounds totally possible if everything goes well. But KickStarter has conditioned me to expect the worst case scenario as a starting point, and go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest KS update (Feb 28) is now live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...

Still no shipping dates, but there's more general information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.