Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Early reports were that the SOLO AI is not that great and the game needs some house rules to be playable.

Has Mantic formally addressed/updated the game since release (not just for solo in this regard) with any errata, rules revisions, updates, etc?

Or is it a "fire and forget" kind of game as they've moved on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a mess, only that some people kinda didnt read the Solo rules the way it should be played.

I had no problem playing the solo campaign.

People didnt see rules about placement for spawning and got confused but the rules pretty much explain this pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
Not a mess, only that some people kinda didnt read the Solo rules the way it should be played.

People didnt see rules about placement for spawning and got confused but the rules pretty much explain this pretty good.

Thanks. So for solo only, recommended?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillermo Garcia Sanchez
Spain
Puerto de Sagunto
Valencia
flag msg tools
Nop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Curfew wrote:

I like it solo (Only played it a few times though), but would sit below Imperial Assault (and Descent if you like Fantasy) if solo only for me as the App makes that a lot smoother and more immersive in my view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Curfew wrote:

Solo is fine but not great. For purely solo or coop I would probably look for titles exclusively designed for that. The core mechanics of the game make the AI need some input for the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can not recommend it for solo play.
It is way too easy. You will need to make decisions for the AI to make it anything near a challenge.
There is also the problem with hidden information you are forced to read and then “forget”.
The base game is primarily a 1 vs. many affair.

I would suggest to wait and see what the material in wave 2 brings along, before purchasing this title strictly for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hulting
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
It is way too easy. You will need to make decisions for the AI to make it anything near a challenge.
There is also the problem with hidden information you are forced to read and then “forget”.

I would suggest to wait and see what the material in wave 2 brings along, before purchasing this title strictly for solo play.

Bad Mantic! Not what they let us backers believe in the kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cook
United States
Hendersonville
TN
flag msg tools
mb
I would not recommend this for exclusive solo play. It's probably good fun for a group, but I bought it for solo only and was underwhelmed. Having said that, the minis and terrain pieces are quite nice. My current plans are to use the minis and components for some sci-fi solo rules like the 5150 series by Two Hour Wargames, or Starport Scum by Nordic Weasel Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belloque wrote:
dbc- wrote:

Bad Mantic! Not what they let us backers believe in the kickstarter.

Pretty much par for the course where Mantic is concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald M.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I'm only doing solo plays by now. And I realy like it.
But it's right that is more playing against yourself, because as the Artificial nexus you have to make decisions some times. But there you can decide, will you go the easy way or the challenging one...
And the problem with the maps is truly very sad. It would be great if mantic had split up the maps, maybe you see the map until door A, then the text passage and then "jump to page ?? to continue"
But now I have all at the first sight, I know where the elevator shaft is hidden right on the first second I look at the map.
That's in my opinion is the biggest problem for the solo game.

But besides of that I think it's a realy cool game, even solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For Solo Play, I suggest changing the bonus activation rule to choose to bring in a minion from reinforcement point closest to target merc that is not in a Mercs front arc or covered by a sentry gun.

Issue with the books probably is best done digitally as printing a special solo book breaking it all up is not going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.