Myth» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Reopening the PM post Buyer Announcement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dane Kleppan
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I was wondering what everyone's opinion on the pledge manager reopening post buyer announcement, on the slim chance that would happen. I got into Myth post JM kickstarter, so I'd like the opportunity to get my own pledge, but curious to hear from those who have already finalized their pledge, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That way lies madness, further dealys and chaos, so no it should remain closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I guess it depends on where they plan to go with what's outstanding from the KS. I only added on a few of the KS exclusives from the first KS, figuring I'd pick up the modules one at a time at retail as needed, since my group doesn't get together reliably often. If the modules aren't going to see the light of the FLGS, then I'd love a chance to reopen the PM and buy them.

And since it doesn't look like anything's been produced yet, really, I don't see how adding a few more of any item to the production queue would really make things worse from a production standpoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there even enough trust for this to be a successful thing for them to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Barring the trust element as above, as a backer, I could care less. Meh, they still have to do a full production run. If they want to open it back up fine. I've already waited way to long for my product, what's some additional wait time. I'm especially in favor if it if it gets us quality components. I am legitimately worried about getting crap cards and such after receiving my Dark Frontier copy. Everything about it screams, "printed as cheaply as possible".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is zero chance this will happen.

If I were the buyer; I would also ensure that it was written into the contract. This is a business decision,.... why take a potential customer base and flood them with all of the cheap content? From a perspective of viable business decisions,.... it is clear that you would want the obligations fulfilled; but that's it.

I would want the game to be relaunched and have people ready to buy the modules at full price;....... with the full assortment of minis; you'd think that a retail version of a module should be going for an absolute minimum of $40 and more likely $50-$60. If you give them all away for essentially less than $20 each,... you have no market to sell them yourself. It's going to be bad enough as it is with the amount that will hit ebay and other secondary markets.

I know, I know,... there I go again with my bank teller's visor on,....

It will be great for backers who sell, or who missed out on the KS and get them on the cheap,..... I want Myth to continue,... so for me, it has to be a commercial success. Silly money $$$$$$$$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pirateclem wrote:
Barring the trust element as above, as a backer, I could care less. Meh, they still have to do a full production run. If they want to open it back up fine. I've already waited way to long for my product, what's some additional wait time. I'm especially in favor if it if it gets us quality components. I am legitimately worried about getting crap cards and such after receiving my Dark Frontier copy. Everything about it screams, "printed as cheaply as possible".

Really? I thought that, overall, the production quality of Dark Frontier was fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
swirlsaepi wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

Really? I thought that, overall, the production quality of Dark Frontier was fantastic.

Agree. The chit problem seems more like a factory mistake rather than them being 'cheap', in fact the chits are some of the best I've seen.
I found the package was of much higher quality on average than Gloomhaven (which arrived at a similar time for me.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

Pull out the DF cards and compare them to Myth cards. Then there's the enemy, objective boards, etc. Cheap card stock. Now on one hand, there is not that much to complain about because I've seen worse, but not by alot. I think the main board is fine, the Farrenroc mini is nice, yes the chit thing is garbage and is more quality control but the cards and sideboards are bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Kleppan
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Yeah I get what you mean, in the case of buyr's interest and the game overall. I have 0 expectations of this happening, I just was interested in the discussion that could be spurred from the idea. As for modules in retail, the price you listed would be appropriate; the condition on that is if the buyer does with to release Myth JM stuff to retail.

For secondary markets, I think at the moment, they are amazing, as this is how people are coming into the game; while many are selling, there is some mitigation of the loss of players.

As for business wise, obviously it would be great if there weren't as many secondary market sales, but it is unavoidable at this point, and I am a case where I will be attempting to find a copy someone wants to sell, after the buyer announcement comes out.
yamato2 wrote:
I think there is zero chance this will happen.

If I were the buyer; I would also ensure that it was written into the contract. This is a business decision,.... why take a potential customer base and flood them with all of the cheap content? From a perspective of viable business decisions,.... it is clear that you would want the obligations fulfilled; but that's it.

I would want the game to be relaunched and have people ready to buy the modules at full price;....... with the full assortment of minis; you'd think that a retail version of a module should be going for an absolute minimum of $40 and more likely $50-$60. If you give them all away for essentially less than $20 each,... you have no market to sell them yourself. It's going to be bad enough as it is with the amount that will hit ebay and other secondary markets.

I know, I know,... there I go again with my bank teller's visor on,....

It will be great for backers who sell, or who missed out on the KS and get them on the cheap,..... I want Myth to continue,... so for me, it has to be a commercial success. Silly money $$$$$$$$

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
"We expect to pull the trigger on the printing portion of the remaining KS in two weeks. We hope to be looking at soft proofs over Chinese New Year. This would put the printed material done in April."

I'll take that as a "no" to the pledgemanager opening back up. They just want to wash their hands of this one finally and be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spera 32
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys, and sorry in advance for the OT but: is there someone that want to sell his/her pledge or is able to add something via pledge manager?

I've just started my own "buy Myth stuff off of KS odissey" and since i like the game a LOT i'm trying to find a way to buy what i'm missing without a second house loan...

At this moment i have
- Myth KS One Captain Level
- Shores of Kanis
- Blakwall Warrens

Thanks and kudos to the whole Myth community that is keeping this amazing game/project alive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. I still would love be to hear some assurance from the buyer that our content is being produced. The fact that it has to be paid for (again) makes me nervous. If the molds get made, then there will be future production runs and sells through either retail or KS, but nothing should be added to the outstanding KS. If they decided to allow refunds, they could sell abandoned pledges, but nothing to further complicate the mess they’ve been handed should be expected. Let’s just get word that they will honor our pledges as paid —that is already asking a lot of the new company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. I still would love be to hear some assurance from the buyer that our content is being produced. The fact that it has to be paid for (again) makes me nervous. If the molds get made, then there will be future production runs and sells through either retail or KS, but nothing should be added to the outstanding KS. If they decided to allow refunds, they could sell abandoned pledges, but nothing to further complicate the mess they’ve been handed should be expected. Let’s just get word that they will honor our pledges as paid —that is already asking a lot of the new company.

I doubt the new company will be fulfilling pledges at all,... I think MCG will be doing that,.... at the very least on the printed components side. we can only hold and wait,........ less than a month to GAMMA (hopefully we will hear then)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have almost everything from both ks and also DF. I hope that they offer to re-open the PM to get what I didn't take at that time. I would be interested in getting the Big Book (rulebook and fluff).

I don't mind a higher price. It's kind of normal: paper, transportation, fulfilment, etc have gone up in price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cigal wrote:
I have almost everything from both ks and also DF. I hope that they offer to re-open the PM to get what I didn't take at that time. I would be interested in getting the Big Book (rulebook and fluff).

They've specifically said "no" in the KS comments on the latest update. People who have credit from the weird shipping options will get some way to spend it, but no free-for-all adding to orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.