Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Mullins
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this game and it seems to be ripe for expansions. Has anyone heard anything? The deep reduction in retail price doesnt give me warm fuzzies about getting any and thats a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JSMullins87 wrote:
Love this game and it seems to be ripe for expansions. Has anyone heard anything? The deep reduction in retail price doesnt give me warm fuzzies about getting any and thats a shame.

The MSRP on this game was way too high for what you got.

I agree, I think the game would do great with some expansion material, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the MSRP was a bit high.

I also agree that there is obvious (& probably intentional) room for expansions for this game, & I would welcome them.

However, I don't feel like the game is incomplete, which is different than some games where I can see room for expansions.

I'd love to see an expansion, but I could live with it if there wasn't one. CMON's typical model seems to run toward lots of expansions, so surely they've got something in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I actually remember thinking that the insert seemed to have been designed with space for an expansion in mind. I agree that this game could have been cheaper, I think I would have actually preferred it with meeples and a smaller box but that might just be me. There is lots of space within the design for an expansion, whether they will do one or not is another question. Here's hoping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember seeing an interview with Eric Lang once where he said that the plan was this was it. Hence the reason they just released this game and did not kickstart it as they do everything else.

That could change I suppose in the future but he said the plan was to do this game as a one-off and be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Lang, if you're reading. Pretty please put out an an expansion to your best game. I will buy anything that releases for this, I promise devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dávid Grigľák
Slovakia
flag msg tools
I would welcome 3D terrain with huge statue of liberty fitting in one of the suitcase 😂😂😂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Stutz
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game and such an awesome game to bring people further into the hobby. I would be totally down with an expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The design of the box insert led me to believe an expansion was eminent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tfoz15 wrote:
The design of the box insert led me to believe an expansion was eminent.

I'm sure it was. But it didn't get the praise and thus the sales.

I absolutely love it though, it's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lang has said it was meant to be a stand alone game. But I'd love to see more.

At the CMON Expo in Atlanta recently, it was a giveaway in the swag bag! Have they given up on it, or are they trying to relaunch it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are new fan-mades cards in french :

-1 ally for the 3 acts ("the nurse") that prevents one of your men to be killed for the current act(I-thug/II-family member/III-any miniature).

-A new blue job ("expropriation"), 6 cards (with 3 different associations of illegal goods) that allows you to Shake Down the Back of a Business tile (not a printed one) and replace it before or after doing that by a new tile (same color). Those 6 cards replace 6 "shakedown" blue cards. In the base game "shakedown" is the only blue business, this way you can create something interesting, in order to upgrade one of your controlled business (hoping to get a better tile) or to prevent your opponent to use a powerfull tile by replacing it by a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LexTalionis07 wrote:
There are new fan-mades cards in french :

-1 ally for the 3 acts ("the nurse") that prevents one of your men to be killed for the current act(I-thug/II-family member/III-any miniature).

-A new blue job ("expropriation"), 6 cards (with 3 different associations of illegal goods) that allows you to Shake Down the Back of a Business tile (not a printed one) and replace it before or after doing that by a new tile (same color). Those 6 cards replace 6 "shakedown" blue cards. In the base game "shakedown" is the only blue business, this way you can create something interesting, in order to upgrade one of your controlled business (hoping to get a better tile) or to prevent your opponent to use a powerfull tile by replacing it by a new one.

very clever. I like them both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.