Subject: Soundtrack while playing solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To solo gamers out there (or even group players, why not)

Do you put on the headsets when going through a good session of COIN gaming? If so, what kind of music/noise/ambiance/whatever do you enjoy listening to?

90% of the time I mostly end up going for www.mynoise.net. They have a huge selection of nature sounds that can be fitted to the game you're playing. Its great - and non intrusive.

For Pendragon I've been listening to the Danheim albums. They're all good. Although its viking stuff and I dont usualy like that style, I've found it fits the style of this game perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tilKaOINmE

Curious to hear (literally) what you people are listening to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
Re: Soundtrack wjavascript://hile playing solo?
I am thinking to purchase also Pendragon, because I have other COIN games, but, in general, when I play, I listen classic music, without headset, and mainly D. Scarlatti (sonatas) e J.S. Bach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it nearly impossible to have music playing without it commanding my attention. Therefore, no music during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh yes, cant go wrong with classic music
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think a mix of Welsh and Gaelic folk music and Gregorian chant seems most appropriate. Off to make Spotify playlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Argento did a couple vids with nice soundtracks (lots of Gregorian-style music, as I recall, plus some soundtracks).

I myself tend to listen to soundtracks (nothing really directly relevant, but Kingdom of Heaven or Gladiator are personal faves), or else hard rock ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GouyonRety wrote:
Sam Argento did a couple vids with nice soundtracks (lots of Gregorian-style music, as I recall, plus some soundtracks).

Where can I find these Sam Argento videos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there’s one here on BGG, but he typically posts on Twitter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve rossiter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis by Vaughan Williams. Doomed Arthurian knight wandering through a forest. Its the romantic in me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was playing tonight, I was listening to Gary Stevens Midnight Special Show (call in show) on WTFM 98.5. It is on Saturday night 7pm EST. Good oldies showc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.