Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Shub-Niggurath we should set aside 2 Ghouls.

The Prelude Otherworldly Dreams introduces the Dreamlands board into the game. For the Dreamlands board, you have to set aside one Ghoul.

The game contains only 2 Ghouls.

What should we do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set aside 2 Ghouls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also just proxy a third Ghoul with a random object.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gcroy5 wrote:

Don't do this unless you keep the two sets of set-aside ghouls separate for in-game purposes. Shub-Niggurath's 2 ghouls are important because you have two opportunities for Cultist reckonings to be replaced by Ghouls before a third will (n the absence of defeating the Ghouls) have to spawn the Dark Young. If you proxy a third Ghoul you make that easier on yourself.
EDIT: This is completely wrong; I was conflating Ghouls and Goat Spawn. I think the correct answer is still to just have two set aside and not worry about it, but it's not such an obvious issue opened up if you were to proxy a third.

I don't know why the Dreamlands board has you set aside a ghoul, but I imagine it's fine to just use it from the normal pair as necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas N.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its enough to just set aside 2 Ghouls. From what I have seen, the Ghoul set aside by the Dreamlands board is only used as reference in case of an ambush by some encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't we all agree to buy two copies of the base game?*

*(No, we did not)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Esgaldil wrote:
Didn't we all agree to buy two copies of the base game?

Wrong Arkham Files game forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
gcroy5 wrote:

Don't do this unless you keep the two sets of set-aside ghouls separate for in-game purposes. Shub-Niggurath's 2 ghouls are important because you have two opportunities for Cultist reckonings to be replaced by Ghouls before a third will (n the absence of defeating the Ghouls) have to spawn the Dark Young. If you proxy a third Ghoul you make that easier on yourself.

I don't know why the Dreamlands board has you set aside a ghoul, but I imagine it's fine to just use it from the normal pair as necessary.

In my copy of the game, there is no Cultist Reckoning effect which replaces Cultists by Ghouls. The Reckoning effect mentions only Dark Youngs and Goat Spawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...whoops. You're quite right! I forgot you had to set aside 2 of two different types of monster and so conflated Ghouls and Goat Spawn.

In which case, I can't recall what the Ghoul set-asides are for but it probably makes little difference if you have two or three. I'd still suggest keeping it to 2 though, especially if as suggested the Dreamlands board just uses Ghouls for ambushes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m setting up EH with Shub-Niggurath as AO and Twin Blasphemies prelude right now and they both tell me to set aside 2 ghouls. If I set them any more aside they’ll be on the floor!

I’m gonna just go with two.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.