mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there isn't but not too long ago there was an argument somewhere (not here on BGG) about those who like Ameritrash games vs those who prefer Euro games. The argument was that liberals typically prefer Euro games whereas Conservatives like Ameritrash games.

At the time it was funny to read the replies and of course there was no consensus.

I proved to myself that this is incorrect and actually quite silly because EI LOVE Ameritrash gamesW like Elder Sign, Eldritch Horror, Defenders of the Realm & recently Massive Darkness, etc... but I also love Brass, London, Bruges, Istanbul and the likes.

Still, I couldn't help but wonder if there is any truth whatsoever in this sentiment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Valuable bathroom real estate!
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I'm sure there isn't but not too long ago there was an argument somewhere (not here on BGG) about those who like Ameritrash games vs those who prefer Euro games. The argument was that liberals typically prefer Euro games whereas Conservatives like Ameritrash games.

At the time it was funny to read the replies and of course there was no consensus.

I proved to myself that this is incorrect and actually quite silly because I LOVE Ameritrash games like Elder Sign, Eldritch Horror, Defenders of the Realm & recently Massive Darkness, etc... but I also love Brass, London, Bruges, Istanbul and the likes.

Still, I couldn't help but wonder if there is any truth whatsoever in this sentiment?

I'm liberal and prefer Ameritrash style games over Euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No correlation whatsoever in my ample experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

I like everything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am Progressive and prefer Wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Nothing will come of nothing.
badge
Speak again.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, not much correspondence these days.

In the old days, I always heard the reverse stereotypes:

My memory of the old stereotypes was 'the more core you were the more conservative you were, and double it if you were into wargames'.

But again, these stereotypes have totally died as boardgaming has grown out of it's niche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is surely just anecdotal that the one Trump voter I know doesn't properly explain rules and likes trouncing newbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.