Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol....dude have drink, play it another couple of times. My games of this have always been wild and wooly affairs with any out come possible. The Jabos are an abstract way of applying the air assets the Americans had available after the weather cleared. It’s like extra artillery. I like that it requires a dice roll to see effectiveness instead of it being automatic. Your complaining about a game coming down to a die roll? Damn you can’t ask for more than that. Oh well I’m a Simonitch fan boy so I’m very biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb
gohrns wrote:
Lol....dude have drink, play it another couple of times. My games of this have always been wild and wooly affairs with any out come possible. The Jabos are an abstract way of applying the air assets the Americans had available after the weather cleared. It’s like extra artillery. I like that it requires a dice roll to see effectiveness instead of it being automatic. Your complaining about a game coming down to a die roll? Damn you can’t ask for more than that. Oh well I’m a Simonitch fan boy so I’m very biased.

I'm with Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
gohrns wrote:

Thats your take away...wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wade
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t see the problem with AAC. It’s standard for this rules series and as designer notes explain it's similar to exploitation moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
gohrns wrote:

Thats your take away...wow.

Kevin, it was a tremendous write up and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I was also on my phone at work so yea my reply was short and maybe a bit glib or droll.

Anyway it was really enjoyable read. Thank you for posting it. You do give credit where credit is due. Your frustration about the few things that bother you for some reason seemed to really come through. Even though the frustrating things were few it came across as if they countered all the good stuff and in the end left you disappointed with the game and the '44 series of games. I think those of us, including Bill and Nick who also responded, that have played this and the other games in the series multiple times, believe this game and this "series" to be some of the best games out there. So yea we are probably going to try and point out why the few things that frustrated really are acceptable. No offense meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billyboy wrote:
gohrns wrote:

I'm with Tom.

I'm glad somebody finally agrees with something I say....LOL...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.