Popular Tags: [View All]
Eryk B
Poland
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's kinda late with the end of campaign and all, but I just talked with a friend who's an old sailing enthusiast, first question he asked in terms of realism was: "Can I predict the weather by periscoping to see the sky?" I really hope that it's not too late and this gets implemented in the final app, along with a suitable simplified meteo guide to match. Like this one:

I hope it is simple enough to implement several different skyboxes to indicate both how the weather looks and how it will change in the future. In general stormy weather should give some ability to get closer to an enemy convoy and even periscope undetected to pick up suitable position before attacking. Knowing the weather WILL remain clear for the next 12h or so is also a warning to not surface too carelessly if there's a possibility of enemy air patrols showing up nearby.
Anyway, congratulations on the campaign Can't wait to play!
edit: sorry for my bad english
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really good idea to implement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very nice, although I'm not sure whether you will be able to tell the way the weather may change just by observing the condidions First of all, we will be concerned with how the changes affect visibility ranges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.