Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Cain
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

This is my first use of abecorn (coming from OLWLG) and am getting a little confused.

1) The abecorn website shows 'Feb '18 Perpetual Shipping Trade (Ends 2/28)' as having 14 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes, xx seconds left. Shouldn't this have ended yesterday? I don't see any "results page" on abecorn.

2) I see a results post higher up in this thread, but it's called 'Rotten Extension: 2018.March.01 5:02: AM (Final Results)'. Are these the results I am looking for? If so, what is up with the naming convention?

3) I found results called 'Kind Forehead: 2018.February.28 06:11 PM (Final Results)', but there were only 2 people trading to each other in it. What's up with that?

4) Seriously, what is up with the naming convention? Rotten Extension/Kind Forehead/Reliable Opposition/Precise Wage/etc... I am so confused.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deose wrote:
1) The abecorn website shows 'Feb '18 Perpetual Shipping Trade (Ends 2/28)' as having 14 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes, xx seconds left. Shouldn't this have ended yesterday? I don't see any "results page" on abecorn.

Yes, after the trade ends, I have to go in and edit the name. I just changed it to March.

The results page for all of the trade is on
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/2679

The results page on abecorn only appears to those involved in the trade. It got confusing for non-participants when they got messages about a trade they weren't in. (http://trade.abecorn.com/#/trade/5a97894edd7491003c711edf)

deose wrote:

2) I see a results post higher up in this thread, but it's called 'Rotten Extension: 2018.March.01 5:02: AM (Final Results)'. Are these the results I am looking for? If so, what is up with the naming convention?

Yes that link I posted goes to the BGG abecorn results page. The naming convention creates computer generated random 2 word phrases.

deose wrote:

3) I found results called 'Kind Forehead: 2018.February.28 06:11 PM (Final Results)', but there were only 2 people trading to each other in it. What's up with that?

Some people have time constraints or absolutely must have something, so direct trades are an option. A direct offer can only be made if the owner initiates the trade based on what other's are directly offering for their game. Compared to how BGG does it by making non-value want comparisons in an attempt to find a match.

deose wrote:

4) Seriously, what is up with the naming convention? Rotten Extension/Kind Forehead/Reliable Opposition/Precise Wage/etc... I am so confused.

It got boring and tedious to repeat a string of dates that were similar to another string of dates to try and describe/reference a trade. People have generally tended to relate/remember more with the explicit two word phrases than the string of dates/times/locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
iadena medicore

Massachusetts
msg tools
Poof
badge
You can't see me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

So if we select USPS we actually go to USPS and not Fedex, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iadena wrote:
Thank you!

So if we select USPS we actually go to USPS and not Fedex, right?

Yes.

We have both service's labels now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
iadena medicore

Massachusetts
msg tools
Poof
badge
You can't see me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there! I'm really confused! So I have the shipping labels up, all filled in. I hit "price quote" and nothing happens. I hit "generate label" and abecorn tells me, "To receive your label send $x.xx via PayPal to info@abecorn.com or venmo @bienardo." Okay, so. I do that? Since there isn't a direct link on the abecorn page, I have to go to Paypal itself... How will that translate to abecorn knowing that I have paid for it? I was hoping to get these in the mail today, but the post office closes in just a few hours.

Please advise. Apologies for being incompetent haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danneq wrote:
Hi there! I'm really confused! So I have the shipping labels up, all filled in. I hit "price quote" and nothing happens. I hit "generate label" and abecorn tells me, "To receive your label send $x.xx via PayPal to info@abecorn.com or venmo @bienardo." Okay, so. I do that? Since there isn't a direct link on the abecorn page, I have to go to Paypal itself... How will that translate to abecorn knowing that I have paid for it? I was hoping to get these in the mail today, but the post office closes in just a few hours.

Please advise. Apologies for being incompetent haha.

Make sure you're logged in when you hit quote (We don't have the no login functionality working yet). When you hit generate label and have selected a quote, it emails me your email, postage value and service, and a link to autogenerate the label for you. After you pay I just match name and price together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm logged in. My Paypal has a different email. I already sent you the money for one package, because I am all confused. I can give you the Paypal order number for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danneq wrote:
Yes, I'm logged in. My Paypal has a different email. I already sent you the money for one package, because I am all confused. I can give you the Paypal order number for that?

Check your gmail, I emailed you the label 90 min ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
Danneq wrote:

Check your gmail, I emailed you the label 90 min ago.

Yes, I see now. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.