4 Posts

Target for Today» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about optionial rules for claiming shotdown credits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Floppy
Germany
flag msg tools
As stated in chapter 7.6.2 I can decide to roll 2D6 for every gunner's claimed shotdown. Here is the thing: I assigned 3 gunners to the same enemy fighter that was shotdown. Every gunner gets 1/3 credit for this action. With the optional rules mentioned above all of them could recieve one full credit if Fortuna takes care of the dices. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d play as follows:
Since you know that 3 of your gunners fired at that enemy plane, the most credit that any one of them can receive is 1/3.
If one or two of gunners don’t receive any credit at all then I just assume that a gunner from another bomber received it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
f70ppy wrote:
As stated in chapter 7.6.2 I can decide to roll 2D6 for every gunner's claimed shotdown. Here is the thing: I assigned 3 gunners to the same enemy fighter that was shotdown. Every gunner gets 1/3 credit for this action. With the optional rules mentioned above all of them could recieve one full credit if Fortuna takes care of the dices. Is this correct?

Your interpertation of the rules is not quite right. At the top of the table is states:

Roll 2D6 on Table 7.6 for each Enemy Aircraft claimed by your gunners.

Not each Allied Gunner. So the most your gunners can get will added up to a total of one kill.

i.e.:
In your example if the plane was awarded as a full credit then you three gunners would each get 1/3rd kill credit.

If it was awarded as 1/2 credit then they would each get 1/6 credit.

..and if awarded 1/3rd credit for the plane killed each gunner gets 1/9th.

this was discussed in another thread.

So this now becomes an issue of book keeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Floppy
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you very much Jim. With your explanation and the mentioned thread (don't know how I could missed it) I understood the rule. And yes, this leads to more book keeping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.