6 Posts

Abyss» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counting the cards in the council rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player count the number of cards in the council spaces? The rules say that when taking cards from the council, you do not get to look at them beforehand. I think this means "you don't get to see the front of them" (so you can freely count them without turning them over), but my friend thinks it includes not being able to count how many there are before taking them. Which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played where you can't count them but can touch the pile a little to fan it out. No exact numbers but we don't want to punish someone with a really bad memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Jester
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."--George Orwell
mbmbmb
We spread them out so it's always clear how many are in the pile. I side with your interpretation, Walter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's open information. Of course you can count them. Totally in spirit with the game. Also: it's much more valuable to remember where the high value cards go than to remmeber where most cards went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's usually visible or just known approximately how many cards are in the pile, so I see no problem counting them before you take them.

Knowing they're 3 or 4 wont break the game and it drops trying to memorize the count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Jasiński
Poland
flag msg tools
I asked Bruno ones, and he said that you can count how many of cards are in the piles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.