Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hi guys,
Minion cards mention "Whenever you place this minion or an opponent uses your minion's building gain something"....I am playing a 2 player game so there are 4 inactive charters.....if the building of the minion i am using is built in an inactive charter, I guess I am not gaining the minion's benefit if an opponent uses this building, right?
To present you with an example, I used to have the Guard Tower which produces Golem minions, but due to capacity limits I chose to let it go to the advancement deck....then at the start of game 2, due to rule #2, it was built in an inactive charter....so I would appreciate your opinions on that.....Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bootz
msg tools
mbmbmb
If I’m understanding your question correctly, you would now have to purchase the minion from the building in the inactive charter and you would take the corresponding minion from the common supply. This minion would be used in your charter and you would gain the benefit when it is placed or another player uses the building where the minion is placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only place minions in your own charter. A minion's building is the building your minion token is currently on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Goldman

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Minion's building" means any building in your charter where you have placed a minion. It does not refer to the building where the benefit is a minion, which as you said might end up in another charter.

You get the minion's benefit when you place it on an unoccupied building in your charter.

You also get the minion's benefit when an opponent places their worker on a building in your charter that is occupied by one of your minions.

I hope I understood the question and that this explains it.

ninja'd while typing. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guys thank you all for your great and very helpful and fast answers....you all understood my question perfectly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.