United States
Rensselaer Falls
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Game Board designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably taking something simple and making it more complicated than it is, but here goes:

I don't fully get how "bottling" works, per the advance rules.

When a gang fails its bottle test, do they upon activation for the remainder of the game seek to retreat off the board? Or can they still stand and fight if they pass the "Cool check"? In other words, does the "Cool check" a condition buy extra time for individual Gang members to fight and loot before they all must adhere to the Bottle priority and leave?

If regardless of making a "Cool" check they still have to vacant the game ASAP, why bother then with a check, other than Seriously wounded and pinned characters needing it to get up and leave?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
A failed Bottle Test means that from now on at the beginning of each round, you will have to do a Cool Check for all your fighters. Any that fail will flee. The ones that pass the Cool Check, will be allowed to stay and keep fighting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Shirtz
United States
Rensselaer Falls
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Game Board designer
mbmbmbmbmb
azmod2000 wrote:
A failed Bottle Test means that from now on at the beginning of each round, you will have to do a Cool Check for all your fighters. Any that fail will flee. The ones that pass the Cool Check, will be allowed to stay and keep fighting.

Thank you! That was easy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the caveat that if Leaders and/or Champions pass theri Cool check, other fighters within specific distance from them automatically pass, too.

Please don't ask to me find the rule in the book. I think it's a side blurb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Shirtz
United States
Rensselaer Falls
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Game Board designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish GW or someone would publish a chart to show all the advance rule phases and checks in order. And some play examples too would be nice.I find the rule books wanting, particularity since it has no index.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.