Bill Door
msg tools
Hi! New to the game, if I want to get all the Legacy stuff but buy other stuff later what do I need to pick up?

I'm confused with all the expansions et.c and want to be able to get as much from retail as I can as I backed a lot of kickstarters lately lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back at the lowest, Adept level. You'll get the Legacy game as well as an expansion which you can add in after you go through the Legacy campaign.

The standalone games Aeon's End and Aeon's End: War Eternal are not needed, neither are any of the expansions, to get the Legacy game. These are already in retail today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeon's end Legacy, the new product on Kickstarter, is the only Legacy game in the series. Just back at the basic level and you are good. Everything currently in retail is not Legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy is self-contained, you don't need anything else to play it and the Legacy elements have no expansion.

As mentioned, back at the Adept level if you're only interested in Legacy. You don't need any expansion or add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ogren
msg tools
mb
Quote:
The standalone games Aeon's End and Aeon's End: War Eternal are not needed, neither are any of the expansions, to get the Legacy game. These are already in retail today.

Are you sure? I have War Eternal now, and I see find Aeon's End (base game) and the War Eternal expansions in retail but it looks like the Aeon's End expansions are out of print.

So part of me is thinking I should do as you say and just get the Adept level and get the legacy game. That will keep me busy for quite a while anyway. But another part of me is thinking I should do the Prodigy level since that would get me The Depths/The Nameless expansions. They seem out to be out of print, and this might be my only chance to get them. (Although consensus seems to be that they aren't as good as the War Eternal content, so maybe I shouldn't bother.)

Yet another part of me is thinking that since there obviously will be another print run of these expansions to fulfill the Kickstarter that maybe some copies will get to the retail channels as well.

Thoughts? Anyone know for certain whether Nameless/Depths will be coming back to retail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hurst
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
loudwalrus wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure? I have War Eternal now, and I see find Aeon's End (base game) and the War Eternal expansions in retail but it looks like the Aeon's End expansions are out of print.

So part of me is thinking I should do as you say and just get the Adept level and get the legacy game. That will keep me busy for quite a while anyway. But another part of me is thinking I should do the Prodigy level since that would get me The Depths/The Nameless expansions. They seem out to be out of print, and this might be my only chance to get them. (Although consensus seems to be that they aren't as good as the War Eternal content, so maybe I shouldn't bother.)

Yet another part of me is thinking that since there obviously will be another print run of these expansions to fulfill the Kickstarter that maybe some copies will get to the retail channels as well.

Thoughts? Anyone know for certain whether Nameless/Depths will be coming back to retail?

They've had 3 kickstarters in ~3 years. You may be able to make some of the money back on resells if you don't like the game, but as I've never played it I'm going to just back AE: Legacy. If I like the game, I'll bank on them having another kickstarter and making the expansions public again. Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
loudwalrus wrote:
Quote:

They should be going back to retail, but probably not until after this KS ships. So if you went in at Prodigy level, you'd probably get them sooner than if you waited for a retail restock, and potentially cheaper as well. Plus you'd have the peace of mind to know that they're on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Merfeld
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well, keep in mind that most of the expansions are either really hard to find or just not available yet. That's why Depths and The Void are available as part of the Kickstarter campaign. If you are even remotely interested and have the cash, I'd splurge for some of the expansions because they are frequently out of print and you might not be able to get them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Door
msg tools
So would I need the base game to use just the expansions or would the Legacy version work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGFanboy wrote:
So would I need the base game to use just the expansions or would the Legacy version work?

Aeon's End Legacy is a "base game" in that it provides everything you need to play. The small caveat is that you will need to play through the campaign to have all the rules and components.

Aeon's End and War Eternal are also "base games".

The smaller box expansions (Depths, Nameless, Void & Outer Dark, and eventually Buried Secrets) are not stand alone.

You can combine any of the small box expansions with any/all of the base games.

So yes, you can add the small box expansions to Aeon's End Legacy once you've completed the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Door
msg tools
T Worthington wrote:
RPGFanboy wrote:

Aeon's End Legacy is a "base game" in that it provides everything you need to play. The small caveat is that you will need to play through the campaign to have all the rules and components.

Aeon's End and War Eternal are also "base games".

The smaller box expansions (Depths, Nameless, Void & Outer Dark, and eventually Buried Secrets) are not stand alone.

You can combine any of the small box expansions with any/all of the base games.

So yes, you can add the small box expansions to Aeon's End Legacy once you've completed the campaign.

Awesome thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.