Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sheron
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Empire Advantage card #58 (On the Move) indicates SYs and Bases may move, attack, and explore. Prior to the introduction of EA58 (i.e., prior to allowed movement), SYs and Bases did not benefit from Exploration Tech Level 1 but did gain Exploration Level 2's abilities. With movement now possible for SYs and Bases, do they also gain Exploration Tech Level 1's ability (i.e., peek at 1 adjacent unexplored system marker)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vena
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jgblaine wrote:
With movement now possible for SYs and Bases, do they also gain Exploration Tech Level 1's ability (i.e., peek at 1 adjacent unexplored system marker)?

I would say no they do not. During playtesting we never discussed that change, only what was spelt out. That's why it says it right there in the rule book that "All other rules for SYs and Bases are the same".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndraftU wrote:
jgblaine wrote:
With movement now possible for SYs and Bases, do they also gain Exploration Tech Level 1's ability (i.e., peek at 1 adjacent unexplored system marker)?

I would say no they do not. During playtesting we never discussed that change, only what was spelt out. That's why it says it right there in the rule book that "All other rules for SYs and Bases are the same".

Ed is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sheron
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the clarification guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.