BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: AAA 2D/3D Artist Available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm Alexander. I'm the new kid on the block. I have over 14 years of experience making digital art. Most of my career has been spent doing 3D for video games, and I've worked on some big ones: The Elder Scrolls and Shadow of the Colossus being the most popular. Along the way, I've also done websites, digital paintings, graphic designs, books, etc. on the side.

But times are changing. I'm now a published author and a public speaker, and spending 40-60 hours a week at a game studio is too much. My desire is to transition from the video game world to the board game world. I love me some board games, and I'd be happy to play a role in getting new offerings onto shelves. Some of you guys are developing great products that deserve to have top-tier visuals because—let's be honest—games with mediocre art are less likely to be purchased and recommended. soblue

So whether you need board art, card layout and illustration, or 3D figures, I'm your man. Reach out and let's work together!

Check out my portfolio at https://alexandercg.carbonmade.com
(I'll also post a few pieces below)

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Some of my work:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice stuff, man thumbsup

Wish you the best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey man, just taking a look at what you've got on offer - and your SotC stuff looks soooo good!

Played that thing to the bitter end of the PS2 era, and even have the PS3 remake (and played it through wayyyy too many times).

Eventually when I get a PS4, this is a first title - such a beautiful game, and it looks really great!

Good luck making your transition! Hope to see your stuff on some boxes in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you, Guilhem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks, Brett. SotC is such a neat game, it deserved to be remade, and I was lucky to be involved. Every console gamer should give it a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really amazing work. I'm not much of a video game person, but I can appreciate good work from any direction.

Interesting books as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work there! As a thought, you might contact Matrix Games...they are in desperate need of someone who can bring their counter and map art out of the stone age. A LOT of their hex and counter games still look like they were designed in 1990.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you, John. I'll look into Matrix Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just completed this commissioned digital painting:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Cahoon
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Alexander,

I am working on a table top game and am in need of some art. Most of the work will be character driven. Do you have some time available to consider some concept art to see if we can get in sync on the project? Let me know and we can go into further detail.

Thanks,
Jayson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lawrence
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Absolutely. I'll PM you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.