Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1: Does a Shield block an absorb action? I assume "no" since the rule says: shield protects a virus from being removed once....nothing about protection from being absorbed.

Why I ask the question: because it seems like a pretty weak shield if it can't block the absorb action.

Question 2: If I have more than one virus in an organ and absorb there, do I absorb my own virus(es)? I assume yes, since the rules say: "Place all the other Viruses in that Organ under your Virus"

Why I ask the question: it seems like your viruses are intelligent so may be able to decide 'to absorb or not to absorb.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richcharters wrote:
Question 1: Does a Shield block an absorb action? I assume "no" since the rule says: shield protects a virus from being removed once....nothing about protection from being absorbed.

Why I ask the question: because it seems like a pretty weak shield if it can't block the absorb action.

Question 2: If I have more than one virus in an organ and absorb there, do I absorb my own virus(es)? I assume yes, since the rules say: "Place all the other Viruses in that Organ under your Virus"

Why I ask the question: it seems like your viruses are intelligent so may be able to decide 'to absorb or not to absorb.'

1.) No

2.) Yes

Someone else will be by shortly to give you detailed answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Shields protect against damage and research.
The absorb action temporarily hides (add shields) other people. They are back on the board next round... And get to keep their shield.
Seems fine to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sousa Lara
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the key diferences from the Absorb and Attack action is not only the fact that the Absorb is not permanent but also the fact that it hits everything (including your other viruses) clearing out an entire organ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richcharters wrote:

Considering we are the virus in the game, I like to assume they are, indeed, inteligent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.