Popular Tags: [View All]
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a playtester for this game, I just want to say it’s a refreshing take on the racing genre with some very original mechanics that really make you feel like you’re in the driver’s seat. The use of moving templates instead of a grid, the hand-braking into corners, and the acquisition and use of “cool points” all make for a tense and fun racing experience.

Good on ya, Jimmy mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had something similar with Speedway which never was a hit.
And isn't drifting only with two cars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Had something similar with Speedway which never was a hit.
And isn't drifting only with two cars?

Haven’t played Speedway so I can’t say. And I’m not sure what you mean with the remark about drifting. Are you saying a game with a drift mechanic can only have two cars in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Pethybridge
Australia
flag msg tools
In real life drifter car racing is a 2 car race. But don't let this get in the way of what looks to be a fresh look at car racing game mechanics. This is a game with zero random elements, something i know gaming race fans will enjoy.

In my brief look at this, track position and racing line is key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Allen
Australia
Thornton
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey, watch where you're pointing that thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words, Chad!

I mentioned it elsewhere but, yes, I've taken some liberties with the concept of "drift racing" so that all players can be engaged at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nguyen
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Literally JUST got into drifting in the past two weeks and was coming up with board game ideas to convey drifting. Sucks that I couldnt think of something sooner but this is way better than my idea and I'm glad it's getting out there. Looks great and can't wait to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.