Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. I failed to find out what to do with the 1.5 upgrade of the box. I did notice the difference in the Raiders summary table, so those should replace the old ones, but I mixed together the rest and based on other threads I probably should have replaced stuff instead if stack it.

Also I have six cards I have no idea what they are: X Guns (2x), Rail Guns (2x) and Radiation Shield (2x). Their back have Special Power Up icon, but 3 of them have a red circle around it while the other 3 do not. Their color does not match any player color (closest match is gold player).

Will you, please, give me some hints about what should I have done and what are those six cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much all of the cards with the same name as older cards were supposed to replace them. Most of them have some sort of rewording or change on them. The handful of extra cards were supposed to be mixed in.

Do you happen to have the 5-6 player add on? It sounds like those extra cards are the replacement ones for the 5-6 player expansion. They had a beige color player and I can't remember the other one.

We have another thread going about what to do with the cards from the upgrade pack. There is an actual list there being put together of specific cards. I still haven't received my game yet, so I haven't been able to make a finalized list, but I plan on posting one when it finally gets here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed, but it did not explain those strange extra cards.

They really seem like they are the 5-6 player replacement. They match the replaced cards in more clear colors. Due to the color difference between the versions it was hard to say if they were new colors and I actually accidentally put some of the together. Very unfortunate color choice - three almost identical player colors.

The color difference between the versions had one useful effect - after mixing the cards together I was able to identify the new and the old ones. It is pity Vesuvius Media did not add any note (at least somewhere in the internet) what to do. I spent three hours by trying to figure out what is what even though I learned the rules from the internet ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree that a simple update with a list or an FAQ on their site that explained exactly what to do with the new cards would have been nice. that is why I plan on making my own list and posting it here when I get my game.

Vesuvius Media was awesome enough to send me a few copies of the Special Ops expansion to give away to people, but somewhere along the way, something got messed up and I ended up getting two boxes of expansions to giveaway and didn't get my pledge. Not necessarily a bad thing as now I have twice as many Special Ops packs to give away, but now I have to wait longer for my actual pledge stuff to get here.

Soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd probably recommend separating out the new cards from the decks by using the fact that the colors are noticeably darker in the 1.5 cards. I'd then use the list here: LIST. It seemed pretty accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it in the end. But in some cases I was not sure what was what. For example Scotty upgrades are very similar with a different outcome and I do not know, if they were 1.5 vs. 1.0 upgrade, or two cards with the same title. I decided to use both in the end.

It is good you are trying to fetch up the list as it is a thing many people will likely struggle with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.