Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to publicly thank Compass Games for helping me out. I recently (Saturday) had Breznev's War set up and I discovered our recently adopted Greyhound was helping himself to a significant portion of the Warsaw Pact forces (yummy counters!!!!)

I reached out to Compass to see if I could purchase Sheets 1 and 2. Bill responded within the hour and sent out the replacement sheets at no charge!

Thanks again Bill and Compass - very much appreciate the service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim K.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second this! I somehow lost a card from Enemy Action:Ardennes, sent an email, and received a replacement card a few days later in the mail - very much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
I just wanted to publicly thank Compass Games for helping me out. I recently (Saturday) had Breznev's War set up and I discovered our recently adopted Greyhound was helping himself to a significant portion of the Warsaw Pact forces (yummy counters!!!!)

I reached out to Compass to see if I could purchase Sheets 1 and 2. Bill responded within the hour and sent out the replacement sheets at no charge!

You sure it's a Greyhound and not a Greenberet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dog eats people and .... he made me watch. He made me waaaaaaaaaaatch .....!

Uh ... so, how's the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont’t Quite know - got NATO set up before Dogmageddon happened.

Next to play after I get a couple more battles of Arquebus: Men of Iron Volume IV in. Perhaps Presidents’ Day....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Woody
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:

That sort of customer relations can be invaluable. I had a similar experience with GRD games on two occasions several years ago. They made a fan for life with that generous gesture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McClellan
United States
Brunswick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I had a similar experience last month. Their customer service was great.

Now, if I could just get someone nearby to play Balance of Powers, so I could have an excuse to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Nutmegistan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a couple of similar experiences with Compass and Bill, and can't speak highly enough of the standard he and his team have set. Superb quality in their components, excellent customer service, and an expanding inventory of exciting and intriguing designs? Compass is more than worthy of your support, as consumers and as gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiamondSylph wrote:
I've had a couple of similar experiences with Compass and Bill, and can't speak highly enough of the standard he and his team have set. Superb quality in their components, excellent customer service, and an expanding inventory of exciting and intriguing designs? Compass is more than worthy of your support, as consumers and as gamers.

My experience with Compass is limited, but it's good, and I would support that. There are about six or seven game companies which I would rate 'first class', and Compass is one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill is a real gentleman and wonderful to work with. Compass has developed into a very fine game publisher, one of my favorites, and both their quality and price point are among the best in the hobby. Great to hear of the excellent customer support.

Certainly beats Hasbro. Years ago the small child of a friend discovered what great fun it was sending "Axis & Allies Pacific" ships down an old pipe in his back yard. They wouldn't even let me buy a replacement set, never mind send me anything gratis.

I always look forward to each "new product announcement" from Compass and hope they're around long after I'm gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
Utrecht wrote:

You're assuming he's not both.

Ready to free the oppressed on a moment's notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Quigley
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mb
Sagrilarus wrote:
Kinwolf wrote:
Utrecht wrote:

You're assuming he's not both.

Ready to free the oppressed on a moment's notice.

This photo is both disturbing and wildly amazing in the same breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the Italian version though.....

We have one of those - but much less interested in the counters than the big one....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.