Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Stash seems to be kinda/sorta defined for duel. Hand size is 8 and stash is limitless. But according to the rulebook, there's no way to access it (there's no action connected to it). So what it is for in duel? Are there some items/signature spells that interact with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Stash seems to be kinda/sorta defined for duel. Hand size is 8 and stash is limitless. But according to the rulebook, there's no way to access it (there's no action connected to it). So what it is for in duel? Are there some items/signature spells that interact with it?

Errror in the rulebook. You can organize your hand/stash as an action.

The play mats also show this as an option during a duel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
You can organize your hand/stash as an action.

What does that mean exactly? The description on the mat (didn't see that before) still doesn't explain what I can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

What does that mean exactly? The description on the mat (didn't see that before) still doesn't explain what I can do.

For an action, you can switch cards from your stash and hand. So put stuff from hand to stash, and/or stuff from stash to hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
rattkin wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

For an action, you can switch cards from your stash and hand. So put stuff from hand to stash, and/or stuff from stash to hand.

Is there a v5 rulebook you're working on that will include this clarification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
rattkin wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

I am taking notes. It's up to GBG what they do with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian VanNest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
ssgibson wrote:
Skrell wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
rattkin wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

I am taking notes. It's up to GBG what they do with them.

Walter from GBG here. We'll be publishing answers for errata and all FAQ on www.greenbriergames.com/Grimslingers to start, and will upload a v5 rulebook PDF for download once we have a good list of clarifications needed.

Thanks for playing everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Barber
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Whoops, wrong account. Walter from GBG HERE, technically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
WalterBarber wrote:
Whoops, wrong account. Walter from GBG HERE, technically :)

Yeah, that technically explains the general catastrophe around publishing this game. I don't want to be the negative guy gere, but, geez, I'm so glad I haven't backed Champions of Hara (and I considered to). Judging from GS, that's bound to be a disaster.

Grimslingers is at the same time one of the most beautiful and artful games I've ever seen and one of the games with the lowest general publishing quality - and I don't mean the components - no proof reading, typos, rules omissions, bizarre choices when merging core 3rd and NT, limitations on dividers, dull and uninspiring collector's box (why, why the font change?), errors on dividers, general "screw KS guys, let's focus on retail" attitude, myriads of inconsistencies. You've iterated through the rulebook four (sic!) times and it's still ridden with bugs. You couldn't even line up the freaking bullet points on the player mat properly!

I cannot understand how someone could look at this product and say "I think it's pretty fine at this state" and then release it in 2018. It just blows my mind. No other game annoyed me that much recently, and that's all even before I've started my first game (I've played few since then).

I've pinned a lot of this on Stephen initially, but I'm beginning to think that this whole story has a second bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
WalterBarber wrote:
Whoops, wrong account. Walter from GBG HERE, technically

Yeah, that technically explains the general catastrophe around publishing this game. I don't want to be the negative guy gere, but, geez, I'm so glad I haven't backed Champions of Hara (and I considered to). Judging from GS, that's bound to be a disaster.

Grimslingers is at the same time one of the most beautiful and artful games I've ever seen and one of the games with the lowest general publishing quality - and I don't mean the components - no proof reading, typos, rules omissions, bizarre choices when merging core 3rd and NT, limitations on dividers, dull and uninspiring collector's box (why, why the font change?), errors on dividers, general "screw KS guys, let's focus on retail" attitude, myriads of inconsistencies. You've iterated through the rulebook four (sic!) times and it's still ridden with bugs. You couldn't even line up the freaking bullet points on the player mat properly!

I cannot understand how someone could look at this product and say "I think it's pretty fine at this state" and then release it in 2018. It just blows my mind. No other game annoyed me that much recently, and that's all even before I've started my first game (I've played few since then).

I've pinned a lot of this on Stephen initially, but I'm beginning to think that this whole story has a second bottom.

Please remember to be civil.

I'm not sure what you mean in regards to a dull collector's box, as there isn't one - there is a deluxe box for storage and it's just as artsy as the others, more so because instead of just plain white, there's a design around everything. If you don't like it, that's just a taste preference, not a publishing mistake.

I'm also not what you mean by the bullet points not lining up on the player mats either. In my files, they are all lined up. I'd like to see a photo of what you're referencing.

Everything else is pretty much true. The game needed more proofreading than it got. I 100% understand your frustration and pretty much share it. But, please remember to be kind.

Especially since Champions of Hara is Walter's personal project and he's put a lot of work into it! I have no idea how it fairs in terms of proofreading, but I know there is a great game there, having played it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:

Please remember to be civil.

Believe me, I'm trying. So again, I'm sorry if I'm doing poor job at this, but it's really, really frustrating. I take pride at doing things perfectly or almost perfectly at my job. I simply cannot accept lower standards.

ssgibson wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean in regards to a dull collector's box, as there isn't one - there is a deluxe box for storage and it's just as artsy as the others, more so because instead of just plain white, there's a design around everything. If you don't like it, that's just a taste preference, not a publishing mistake.

Yes, I meant this one. I think the art on the top lid is top notch, but everything else is a bit too plain, especially sides. And the font change just irks me. It looks like generic cosmic fantasy, not weird west anymore. I agree it's a taste preference here (as nothing was "broken"), but it just added up to other things. It was additional item, it was paid separately and it turned out to be rather disappointing.

Now, I don't mind plain and minimalistic, where it works. I think TIME Stories box is awesome. But I also didn't pay extra for it.

Quote:

I'm also not what you mean by the bullet points not lining up on the player mats either. In my files, they are all lined up. I'd like to see a photo of what you're referencing.

Sure.

Take a look at Grimslinger Ability, Scavenge or Trade Items, Discard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh you mean the word following the bullets. I get what you mean. It's just something photoshop does when making text span the text box. It's extremely fiddly to get avoid. When you're picking your battles to meet a deadline, this just wasn't one I chose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably believe it, if I didn’t know how text boxes actually work in Adobe products. Let’s leave that discussion here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
I would probably believe it, if I didn’t know how text boxes actually work in Adobe products. Let’s leave that discussion here.

Sounds good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon mb
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
in the future i could possibly help with some of that (some proof reading and layout critique). I'm a designer by trade, though I haven't done print in a while. but In Design is probably a better tool for type layout than photoshop. you can still do all your photo editing in PS and then do layouts and typography in In Design (with much more control over type styles etc...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gaztro s
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to offer the same thing. I’ve played through Chapter 1, Part 1 of the Valley of Death twice, using V3 rules and V4 each once. I like the direction the game is going in and am old enough to remember the old days of strategy games where there were simply horrific instruction/rule books. So it seems we’ve come a long way.
But this is the age of packaging, with expectations raised higher and higher by the whole crowdfunding process.
I have some other comments and suggestions on the game, but will post them in another thread once I’ve had a chance to think them through.
But let me say this, I’m a fan and look forward to playing more games and more expansions in the Grimslingers ‘verse and if you’re willing and/or interested in another set of eyes, I’d be happy to offer my 3+ decades of documentation and design experience to the task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gaztro wrote:
I was just about to offer the same thing. I’ve played through Chapter 1, Part 1 of the Valley of Death twice, using V3 rules and V4 each once. I like the direction the game is going in and am old enough to remember the old days of strategy games where there were simply horrific instruction/rule books. So it seems we’ve come a long way.
But this is the age of packaging, with expectations raised higher and higher by the whole crowdfunding process.
I have some other comments and suggestions on the game, but will post them in another thread once I’ve had a chance to think them through.
But let me say this, I’m a fan and look forward to playing more games and more expansions in the Grimslingers ‘verse and if you’re willing and/or interested in another set of eyes, I’d be happy to offer my 3+ decades of documentation and design experience to the task.

For sure, always appreciate extra help from fans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.