David Mack
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Here's a thing I made over the past month or so. As this game feels quite lacking in Epic scenarios, both fan-created and official, I decided to contribute. I chose this battle because as far as I know, there is only 1 Prussian exclusive Epic scenario (Laon). This is my interpretation of the well-known Battle of Jena, based on multiple maps and what accounts I could find. I've done my best to keep the starting layout and obvious tactics somewhat true to the actual battle, thus keeping the historical outcome possible, while still keeping the game balanced. I still think that France has the advantage, but of my 4 playthroughs (solitaire and 2 player only) France and Prussia have each won twice, with relatively close games. This is the first C&C scenario I've created that I feel is refined enough to be worth sharing (first time poster as well, hopefully the pictures work). I also plan to do an Auerstedt in the future, as I can reuse most of the sources that I've found. We'll see how that goes! So by all means, give it a go and tell me what you think!

^For your convenience, terrain without units^

Prussian Army
• Commander: Hohenlohe
• 4 Command Cards & 3 Iron Will Counters
• (Optional 3 Tactician Cards)

French Army
• Commander: Napoleon
• 6 Command Cards
• (Optional 6 Tactician Cards)
• Move First

Victory:
14 Victory Banners

Special Rules

• The 4 marked town hexes (Striped outlines) form a Temporary Majority Victory Banner Objective worth 2 Victory Banners for the side that occupies the absolute majority of these hexes at the start of the turn. The Prussians start the battle occupying the majority of these towns and start the battle with 2 Victory Banners.

• Vierzehnheiligen (Blue outline) is a Temporary Turn Start Victory Banner Objective worth 2 Victory Banners for the French (I might change this).

A few notes and things I've noticed:

I made sure to design the scenario so that if you own all expansions, you will be able to field both armies. Not counting Reserves and Militia, this battle utilizes almost the entire Prussian Army!

The French tend to gain an early starting advantage before the Prussians either fall back to or advance their reserves. La Grande Maneuver cards are very powerful for both sides.

Combined arms attacks are essential for the French to take the towns, as Prussia's national stats make them quite stubborn defenders.

The Prussian Cavalry has the potential to make or break the battle for either side. If used poorly, they make for easy banners for the French. But if deployed skillfully, each group can lock down a French Corp, letting the Prussians stall an entire French flank. Keep an eye out for Murat's Cavalry Reserve!

Also note that this is technically a work in progress, but it basically complete. I don't plan any major changes, but might scoot some units around if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heimann
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice, thanks for the contribution. More fan made scenarios!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

I see that you are not, in fact
An "unhappy General Mack!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay stretch
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Keep them coming mates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan Brown
Australia
Altona North
Victoria
flag msg tools
Just played this as a two player game. Great game with a narrow win to the Prussians 14 - 13.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.