Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In the rules of the online implementation at gyges.com it says:

"Beware: when a piece bounces on a triple, for example, you must make at least 2 moves before bouncing again."

What is this about? In none of the descriptions of the game that I have seen so far I have found such a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds right to me - you have to move that exact number of spaces and no less, before either stopping or bouncing off a different piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's what it's supposed to mean, the phrasing is hopelessly obscure:

What is a "move"? Why "at least"?

It is obvious that if I bounce off a triple, I have to cross exactly two (not "at least two") free spaces before landing on the next piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Meh, it's just lousy non-native English writing, I think. I've seen worse.

Seems like the intent of the rules is clear in any case, even if that sentence is poorly written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Seems like the intent of the rules is clear in any case, even if that sentence is poorly written.

Well, I guess it is clear if you KNOW (from other sources) how the rules really are. But good luck if you try to understand it on the basis of that text alone... shake

(By the way, it's not just a question of poor English; the French original is just as obscure:
"Attention: lorsque l'on rebondit sur un triple, par exemple, il faut pouvoir effectuer au-moins 2 déplacements avant de pouvoir rebondir à nouveau.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.