Catacombs (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Retail availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edgar Sierra
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Does anyone know if this game will be released via retail by any chance (more specifically coolstuffinc)? or is it only available for purchase through the elzra website? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Each time there is a new printing, it's always released via retail. The last print run is just sold out at most places.

I'd also recommend the excellent Catacombs & Castles which you can still find a few places. It can be a bit more approachable (adjustable play time, can be played in teams or one vs all, simpler rules), but is also just a great game in its own right.

Elzra might pop in and tell you if there's going to be a new printing of either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, the new printing is already sold out?! soblue I never even saw it show up for pre-order and I had alerts set up with both MM and CSI. Whelp, here's to waiting for a third year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has not sold out yet, but I expect it to very quickly. The same summary that I wrote regarding the Wyverns expansion applies to the latest Catacombs 3e printing too.

We have to replace all the game boards for Catacombs 3e and then re-shrinkwrap. We need some Wyverns copies to be completed before we can fulfill orders from distributors. These are scheduled for next week. Once that process is complete, we can get them sent out and the games will show up at retail. I appreciate everyone's patience - it's been a nightmare for us dealing with it all.

Then, of course, it's back to dealing with KS support tickets.

My advice: when it becomes available at retail, don't wait, buy it immediately. We do have some copies available at our online store too (shop.elzra.com), just FYI. I can usually get them shipped out within a day or two.

I'm actively getting another reprint quoted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spurlock
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Retail availability
Will there be new copies available in the UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to get this for ages here in Europe, but it's been nigh impossible... It became instantly sold out at the distributor (esdevium) when it appeared and online availability very quickly dried up.
Ordering it directly from the US is not an option due to custom fees and paperwork...
Will there be a new KS for a reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiborvadovan wrote:
I've been trying to get this for ages here in Europe, but it's been nigh impossible... It became instantly sold out at the distributor (esdevium) when it appeared and online availability very quickly dried up.
Ordering it directly from the US is not an option due to custom fees and paperwork...
Will there be a new KS for a reprint?
You would be ordering direct from Canada and their customs fees are way worse. This is the main reason I have not ordered it from the Elzra store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally back in stock on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Elzra-ELZ1000-Catacombs-Game/dp/B0189...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Weeks
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT I DIE FOR IT
badge
YAMAHA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question, except in regards to the expansions like the two packs. I can't find any, and they don't show up on CSI or MM. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only two expansions available outside of the Elzra store are Cavern of Soloth and Wyverns of Wylemuir. Both are available at CSI.

Catacombs: Cavern of Soloth Expansion
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/223137

Catacombs: Wyverns of Wylemuir Expansion
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/241794

The Elzra (Kickstarter) exclusives are:
Keystones & Keeps
Siege Defender
Resurrection Pack 1
Resurrection Pack 2
Resurrection Pack 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.