Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOOOOOVING THE GAME! Probably my new No.1 solo board game.

I think I've got everything down but a few questions.

1. If a village token is destroyed, is it removed from the board and returned to the supply, or does it remain forever damaged in that location until rebuilt? (I'm so sad we didn't reach the structures mini stretch goal)

2. When a hero is defeated, are all rage, poison etc tokens returned to the supply along with the health tokens? It makes no mention of it in the rules: only health tokens, so I kept everything else on my hero, including poison; as the rules say they are only removed with a heal from any source. But this seems a little weirdly unthematic of a death to keep everything both pros and cons.

3. Is there any way to swap items that I am unaware of? I often draw a hero-specific item on the wrong hero or hit my 3 item limit and the other hero is still to draw a single card to keep.

Many thanks,

Isaac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard! I'm also playing solo and come to this part of the forums often to find some rule clarifications. Unfortunately, there are not so many active players around, but still enough to get some discussion going if some ambiguous rule is to be examined...

My take on your questions:

1. Structures are returned to the supply. (If the supply is empty, you could still build structures, but need to take away an existing structure to build the new one.)

2. I don't know either, but play it the non-weird way to remove those, too.

3. I also wished, I could swap items, but found no rule for it, so I didn't do it. But many items that look hero-specific can be used by one hero to profit another. The wording very often is "when a hero does X, exhaust this ally to do Y" - so, my interpretation is, that hero A can exhaust the card when hero B does X. That way, it doesn't matter, who actually owns the card (except for the limit of 3 items).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
agree with Gunther on all counts. also, see this thread about options for Structure Miniatures Third Party Component Upgrades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Scarborough
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. If a village token is destroyed, is it removed from the board and returned to the supply, or does it remain forever damaged in that location until rebuilt?...

Hmmm... no mention in the rules, although in Setup it says

(Page 3) Structures: Create a common supply for structure tokens near the game board.

Since defeated minions are returned to their supply, and resources return to their pool (not sure if there's significance in "pool" versus "supply"?), I'd return them to the "common supply." Unless you like a challenge, then you could just rule that destroyed structures are gone for good. Good luck completing objectives at that point, though.

Quote:
2. When a hero is defeated, are all rage, poison etc tokens returned to the supply along with the health tokens?...

The steps for what to do when a Hero is Defeated are spelled out pretty specifically (page 12), so I wouldn't add any additional penalties (unless you want to house rule it for a challenge).

Thematically, I'd say "defeated" isn't the same as "killed," though I do gather your point. I'd read it as the Hero being beaten back and forced to retreat and recover.

Quote:
3. Is there any way to swap items that I am unaware of?

"Swap" may have two meanings based on your question.

Can you swap assets if a Hero already has 3? Yes.

(Page 11) When a hero gains an encounter card, he places it faceup next to his hero card. Encounter cards gained this way are referred to as assets. A hero may have only three assets at one time. If a hero gains an asset while he already has three assets, they may choose one of their assets to discard to gain the new asset.

(Except for Burdens, of course. Those have to stay until removed per the Burden.)

Can you swap assets from one Hero to another?

Hmmm... not mentioned in the rules specifically. Two choices I'd suggest:

1. (Simple) No. The Hero who earned the asset earned it because of some particular act the did to prove her worth. Allies won't necessarily follow another Hero, and magical items may be bound to their owner.
2. (Thematic) Yes. Using the Trading Items rules from Myth as a reference. Heroes can trade assets any time they are in the same location. Exhaustible assets are exhausted during a trade, until the Refresh phase. (Note: That doesn't prevent the original owner from using the asset before trading it, so an alternative would be that assets cannot be used on the turn they are traded.)

[Page references and rules phrasing come from the digital rules posted during the Kickstarter. Check the printed rules to confirm no changes.]
[Edits for grammar and format consistency]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you sooooo much guys! This really helps. I didn't really pay close enough attention to the wording on ally cards. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.