United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not "Happy"
mbmbmbmb
I saw it on sale over the holidays and just missed it. I thought it wouldn't be on sale again till summer but thankfully it's on sale now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

Special Promo ends Feb 19.

As a side note Scythe for TTS is also on sale.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/446980/Tabletop_Simulator_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never tried this. If I buy the simulator for $10, do I have access to games or to buy games individually?

Appreciate anyone who can enlighten me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nelson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some that are dlc "official" versions that are listed on Steam as DLC packs but there is a plethora of user driven content within the Steam Workshop where many other games have been made by users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
Never tried this. If I buy the simulator for $10, do I have access to games or to buy games individually?

It's a bit complicated. Basically anyone can make any game they want and upload it and you can then download it for free. However the copyright holder can request any infringing uploads to be removed. If you completely downloaded the files of one that's removed you still have it after removal, but if you didn't get everything downloaded you'll end up missing bits. Otherwise you can pay for official versions. They cost money, but shouldn't disappear on you. They're probably better quality, but might not be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:

Both: there are paid modules and a whole bunch of free ones in the Steam Workshop. I've tried a few of the latter, however, and found that they didn't quite work. Mostly due to calls to third-party servers where the specified resources no longer resided (at least, that's what it seemed like to me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anshou wrote:
There are some that are dlc "official" versions that are listed on Steam as DLC packs but there is a plethora of user driven content within the Steam Workshop where many other games have been made by users.

What are you playing on there? Is it worth it? How many times have you played Rising Sun? Played RS again tonight. I am terrible at it but it has stuck its hooks into me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nelson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
anshou wrote:

What are you playing on there? Is it worth it? How many times have you played Rising Sun? Played RS again tonight. I am terrible at it but it has stuck its hooks into me.

Played it twice. I am also terrible at it but I like it. I haven;t played on it in a while but I played Robinson Crusoe, secret hitler, king of tokyo among others on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won a free copy of TT Simulator on Twitter recently and was super-excited because I wanted to play X-Wing over it, since I don't get to play anywhere near enough X-Wing in-person as I'd like (especially after starting a new job last month; haven't been able to get a game in since the first Saturday of January). Unfortunately the Back-to-School $200 laptop I bought at the end of the summer to do resumes on can't run it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gillis
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks OP! Just picked up TTS, Scythe, and Viticulture and its expansions for just under $20. Perfect for my $20 prepaid visa that expires next month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick O'Neill
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
TTS is great. Tons of awesome games for free or purchase. We also use it to get our own games we are developing online for increased playtests. It’s easy to do and they look great. This is a great price.

In case you're interested in playtesting one of our games that will be hitting KS soon send me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne G.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best $10 I ever spent. TTS was the gateway drug that brought me to BGG.

If you have problems loading the free modules, there is a free helper app called TTS Mod Backup that can resolve a lot of those issues. (Fixed about 95% of the errors I was getting.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. This $10 sandbox will make you spend thousands of dollars on real physical games in the future.

You have been warned

girnan wrote:

If you have problems loading the free modules, there is a free helper app called TTS Mod Backup that can resolve a lot of those issues. (Fixed about 95% of the errors I was getting.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rowles
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
girnan wrote:

I'll second both of these claims. Best money spent AND I immediately back up any Mod subscriptions using the TTS Mod Backup tool so it's not broken later.

Also, I'll add that I use TTS to try out games solo. It's a great way to learn a game, try a solo-only game, and the game is auto-saved and can be saved so you can come back to a setup game any time you like.

I've purchased the real board game sometimes AND some of the DLC (on sale, of course) to continue to support the developers and board game makers. It's fantastic all around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell B
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I bought this during the last steam sale but have barely used it. Where do you guys find games to join in? The public servers you can see in game are very limited...

Or is this mostly just useful if you have a set group of friends who all use TTS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle B
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience has been that if you are willing to teach people to play something there's probably somebody on there willing to learn. If you are going on there expecting to find a table waiting for you with an interesting game ready to play, it's hit or miss but usually miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.