Subject: Kickstarter thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Martin
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
First off, I am very confused about this kickstarter showing. I backed their first game and was very impressed with their follow through and transparency through the campaign. Any thoughts on why the lackluster showing? After Rahdo's review and Dragon Brew, this should be blasting through stretch goals and 500% funded by now.

I partially wanted to start this thread in the instance that a potential backer comes across this. I hope they see a transparent company with a game that promises to be on or above their previous one. For the already backers, is there something we can do to improve visibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xanthe
United States
Hancock
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is February and maybe not the best time for Kickstarters, I don’t know. I have no previous experience with this company but I was really impressed by the Kickstarter and was happy to back it. Game looks like a lot of fun. Questions on the Kickstarter page seem to be answered quickly.
😀

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I'm surprised this game is struggling to fund in full. They do have a good 20+ days left so it might pick up as the days go by, but if not they might need to cancel and relaunch at another time.

There are some heavy hitters for board games on Kickstarter right now, and more are coming onto the scene soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel George
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Phillip. We (the August Games Group) just met to discuss this and we are launching a plan tomorrow. We AGREE it has a lot to do with timing. That being said, we think our $30k goal is very possible and we are moving down our stretch goals (re-negotiated with the printer to print our next campaign over the summer).

Thanks for you kind words

Daniel George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking with a couple gamers yesterday, two that are very much into KSing games. Both were unaware of this game, though I have been familiar with it since it's announcement. I think it's been buried under a slew of other announcements here on BGG. It's not even listed in The Hotness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Theriot
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this one advertised here on BGG much either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel George
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yep. We are the little fish in a big pond for sure. We have a plan :) Now let's see if it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When this was KS last time, I did see the game, but could not back it as I had too many other KS in play. This time around, I backed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.