Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game at a convention, loved it so I bought it and plan to play this Saturday with my regular group. I am confused on a couple of rules and/or game play so any help is appreciated and apologies if they've been covered before.

1. is the only way to get a speech token if when the mission leader token is passed to the next player the previous leader gets a speech token?
if so does it matter if the mission is a failure or success?
once a speech token is used is it removed from game play altogether or does it return if a new mission starts?

2. after the support phase and game play continues does the player who received the support tokens keep them for the next mission?
ex: so in a four player game if one player receives 3 tokens and another player receives 1 token do they each keep these tokens in addition to any they have in reserve and carry them over to the next mission
or do players keep a right and left token and randomly draw a third token (this is the way it was played at the con)?

3. what is considered 'identical threats'?
ex: Hard Knock card 'Fearful' states you must withdraw if 2 identical threats are active.
does this mean if two gas mask are played but have different backgrounds are these identical because of the mask or would both have to be two gas mask on night backgrounds (or similar)?
how does threat cards with two or three symbols count towards this rule if at all?

I've been watching how to play videos but some rule points aren't covered and the rulebook is not clear (at least to me) on some areas.

I appreciate any help and will probably bother you guys again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roosterfish wrote:
Played the game at a convention, loved it so I bought it and plan to play this Saturday with my regular group. I am confused on a couple of rules and/or game play so any help is appreciated and apologies if they've been covered before.

1. is the only way to get a speech token if when the mission leader token is passed to the next player the previous leader gets a speech token?
if so does it matter if the mission is a failure or success?
once a speech token is used is it removed from game play altogether or does it return if a new mission starts?

2. after the support phase and game play continues does the player who received the support tokens keep them for the next mission?
ex: so in a four player game if one player receives 3 tokens and another player receives 1 token do they each keep these tokens in addition to any they have in reserve and carry them over to the next mission
or do players keep a right and left token and randomly draw a third token (this is the way it was played at the con)?

3. what is considered 'identical threats'?
ex: Hard Knock card 'Fearful' states you must withdraw if 2 identical threats are active.
does this mean if two gas mask are played but have different backgrounds are these identical because of the mask or would both have to be two gas mask on night backgrounds (or similar)?
how does threat cards with two or three symbols count towards this rule if at all?

I've been watching how to play videos but some rule points aren't covered and the rulebook is not clear (at least to me) on some areas.

I appreciate any help and will probably bother you guys again.

1- The only way to get speech tokens is when the mission leader passes on, the previous leader receives a token.
In the Base game the Speeches are removed from the game after use.
With the expansion they are returned to the pool and can be dealt again later.

2- Every player keeps the tokens they received during the support phase... this means that some players may have more support tokens than others... it can even mean that some players may have 0 support tokens

3- There are 6 threats in the game, 3 things and 3 environments:
Gas Mask ; Bullets ; Whistles
Night ; Rain ; Snow

If ever there are two of the same threat in play that hard-knock forces the player to withdraw, the cards don't have to be identical, just 2 of the same symbol (including the ones on trauma cards of players that haven't withdrawn yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Thank you!!

another question if you don't mind

if a hard knock card has two lightening bolts does that count as two cards towards figuring out if a player has 4 cards when mission ends?

I will post this separately if no response but I really appreciate you clearing up my other questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That card counts has 2 Hard-Knock... you don't count the cards you count the hard-knocks you have... usually it's the same number has the cards you have unless that one is in play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.