Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hey folks,

Quick question

I put together my first miniatures the other day - Gold Smoke Knight & Spidicules/spiderlings.

The right thumb on Spidicules sits lower than the fingers, so the fingers hover off the ground & the entire left hand is completely off the ground & wobbles around because of this.

I know some plastics don't bend in hot water, & I wasn't sure about the KDM plastic. Can I just heat the right thumb & re-shape it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Just take the sprue you cut the model off of and do a test run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artistix wrote:
Hey folks,

Quick question

I put together my first miniatures the other day - Gold Smoke Knight & Spidicules/spiderlings.

The right thumb on Spidicules sits lower than the fingers, so the fingers hover off the ground & the entire left hand is completely off the ground & wobbles around because of this.

I know some plastics don't bend in hot water, & I wasn't sure about the KDM plastic. Can I just heat the right thumb & re-shape it?

Thanks
Hot salt, about 270f, should be what you need. Be careful and use sprue left-overs for testing, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hard plastic like that can be bent slowly and gently at room temperature. I just used a pair of plier to bend the fingers on my spidicules. It doesn't have to bend far right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you used superglue to assemble, you can also look at breaking the glue and regluing it to fit better, i have done this on several models over the years. I put the model in the freezer for at least 5 or 6 hours to weaken the superglue bond so it can snap apart. there are lots of info out there on how to do this, just be careful it breaks at the joint you originally glued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks peoples!

I'll give these suggestions a try with some leftover sprue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.