3 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automa Encounter/Factory Closest To Factory Over Lakes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Z
msg tools
Hello,

With the Automa Encounter/Factory action, and selecting tie breaker for two valid encounter tokens, you are supposed to choose the one that is "closest to the factory". Does this mean closest absolute spaces, or closest spaces the automa is allowed to walk on?

I'm asking because my Automa doesn't have riverwalk capabilities yet and the closest distance (in number of hexes) to the factory is through a lake. Do I count the distance through the lake or around it for this tiebreaker?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
If they don't have riverwalk, there should only be one encounter they can reach so why do you need a tie-breaker? The character will only use that move to actually move to an encounter or the factory. If it can't reach an encounter or the factory it will not move at all, and you will go to the next movement option on the automa card.

Generally though, it is simply closest, with no regard to whether riverwalk has been achieved or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Z
msg tools
You're right, I see that now, thanks for explaining it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.