Subject: I'm garbage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For starters, I've received my game in the mist of so many still waiting. For that, I apologize. Secondly, I purchased this for the mini's; I would keep it to play, but struggling to find other players in general and my older son whom I'm trying to pry his eyes away from League of Legends is tiring of my insistence he plays board games with me. So since I'm big time into miniatures, and this particular game is one he has no interest and therefor I'm robbing the miniatures and thinking of selling the rest to anyone who may want extra components for reduced price. The problem is, there's the "hassle" factor with selling stuff and not sure there would even be any interest. I have both Core and Dynasty Pledge. Reply back if you think something like this would be interesting and may purchase if it was priced right. If I sell it too low, it's simply not worth it and I'll throw it away. If I sell too high, then the jump to a full game makes it not attractive. Even if you're not interested, if you have a notion of what this might sell for, let me know. Thanks very much, your friend in garbage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Schwartzberg
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelaar wrote:
My older son whom I'm trying to pry his eyes away from League of Legends is tiring of my insistence he plays board games with me.

Amen! I can sometimes get my sons to play games, but they always fall back to LoL. I got Mechs vs. Minions to play with them, but we've only gotten through mission 5 and its fallen to the wayside. soblue

If you are looking at parceling out parts of your KS pledge, would you consider selling just Dynasty Invasion KS Exclusive plastic strongholds and plastic alliance tokens? I did not get the KS Dynasty Invasion (cost and wanting to try the game first), but if these were available, I would look to get them to future proof my purchase. Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Denholm
Australia
flag msg tools
To be honest, I'm not sure what you'd even really be able to sell without the minis. It'd kind of be like selling a chessboard without any pieces.

If nothing else, I'd suggest just keeping the boxes to store the minis, and at that point you might as well keep the materials alongside it.

That said, you probably could sell the playmat, if you bought one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like if I got the playmat ( which I didn't ), I could unload that at a hefty profit - ton of interest in that ( smelly? ) thing.

I'm not going to keep the stuff, I'll sell what I can and the rest will see the landfill. Only so much space for so many games and not a knock on this game, but it doesn't make the cut with my kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure you would have much success with the cardboard bits, but you should get takers on any of the non-mini plastic. Especially the KS exclusive stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are not garbage. <hug>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whitedamp wrote:

Thank you, you're kind ... I've seen a lot of people lit on fire for "buying games for the cheap plastic" ... I'm like, "hey, I'm one of those people, lay off!" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep all that KS exclusive plastic stuff. As soon as Rising Sun hits retail, there will be someone looking for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selka
France
flag msg tools
mb
That will be nice if you can sell me the clan screen and the plastic alliance too ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy your mandate tiles(plastic ones, not cardboard) and coins(base plastic coins) if you don't want them? 20 US? + shipping. I live in Oregon, okay with just using a bubble envelope, as long as I can get a tracking number. Can use paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you are not going to sell the KS-exclusive monsters the KS-exclusives component upgrades are going to be worth a lot.

As comparsion a set of 20 (4 for each non-KS-exclusive clan) 3D clan tokens for Blood Rage easily sells for $35+ on the secondary market and those are not even KS-exclusive anymore as they were also made available via the Blood Rage Game Night Kit.

Once Rising Sun hits retail and the inital surge of people selling KS-copies has ebbed you will be able to sell the component upgrades for $30-$50+. So you might want to hang onto those for a little while longer.

With the non-KS-exclusive stuff it basically boils down how much hassle you want to cope with.
You could sell it as a bundle (and it will sell), but the minis do make up a good chunk of the games value, so you can expect about 1/4 retail value (1/3 tops).
If you are willing to split the components up you will make more money, but you will also have more hassle.

For example I am desperately seeking the counter-bases, in particular black and white ones, and would take them of your hands in an instant (though I would suggest you keep the ones for the Fox Clan in case you might want to sell it later).
I would also love to buy the plastic coins, and so would a lot of others.

Lastly I am sure that before throwing anything in the trash you could find a fellow geek willing to pay shipping and a small hassle fee to save the components from that fate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gelaar wrote:
I'm not going to keep the stuff, I'll sell what I can and the rest will see the landfill.

Although if you plan on ever doing a print and play or designing your own boardgames then it may be worth keeping:
- the board (to mount your own board on)
- some general tokens (you so often need tokens)
- cards (to either use as backs for paper printouts in sleeves, or to stick paper fronts to - though you may have a cheap supply of playing cards for this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casnorf
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
tylex wrote:
If you are looking at parceling out parts of your KS pledge, would you consider selling just Dynasty Invasion KS Exclusive plastic strongholds and plastic alliance tokens? I did not get the KS Dynasty Invasion (cost and wanting to try the game first), but if these were available, I would look to get them to future proof my purchase. Let me know.

Same here. I kind of fell into a copy while buying some other board games and have been getting increasingly excited to get Rising Sun to the table. Unfortunately, the copy I acquired didn't have the Dynasty Invasion expansion, and if I pick it up later at retail, my components won't match! So I'm very interested in those Kickstarter Dynasty Invasion extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, ok, you guys are awesome, thank you all for responding. I'm slammed at work for the next few hours, give me some time to parse through the comments of interest and I'll go through the box and start parsing out the components for who is interested in what.

Don't give up on me, I'm motivated, thanks again!

- Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelaar wrote:
Whitedamp wrote:

Thank you, you're kind ... I've seen a lot of people lit on fire for "buying games for the cheap plastic" ... I'm like, "hey, I'm one of those people, lay off!" laugh
Don't let the idiots get you down. I might just sell the game and keep the minis as well - The more I hear about the game the less interested I am in playing it. It looks so good on paper - Simple mechanics, pretty, interesting era of history, etc. But I am tired of games with out of control power combos, unbalance powers and other problems. I did not learn my lesson after Blood Rage...

So, don't feel bad - it is your money you should be able to buy what you want. Without the minis, I am not sure this game is worth all that much - Though the metal coins are really cool!

Too bad the playmats smell bad and are not shipping with any alacrity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.