Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kami Unbound rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
So on a Kami turn, whoever worships the most gets the Kami and can automatically place it anywhere they want.

However, if control changes at any other time, the rules say that the card switches hands. In that case, does the new owner ALSO move the Kami anywhere they want? Or only during Kami turns?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Kami are only going to move once they have worshippers asking for something, like a change of position, so they will only move during a Kami phase. The control may change, but their influence has already been dedicated to that location until more prayers can move them. I don't see anything to suggest otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can move them via Marshal mandate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ancalagonthe black wrote:
You can move them via Marshal mandate

Right!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also get to move during each Kami phase if ownership changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
They also get to move during each Kami phase if ownership changed.
(after resolving shrine ability) (not technically considered a move) (place any province)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean that if the ownership does not change, they may still place the kami anywhere they want (aka switch which province they put it in?).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imthewhiterabbit wrote:
Does that mean that if the ownership does not change, they may still place the kami anywhere they want (aka switch which province they put it in?).

Thanks

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Schumacher
msg tools
SwissQueso wrote:
imthewhiterabbit wrote:

Thanks

Yes.

I can see where this rule comes from and the purpose in it. But unfortunately I find this highly disturbing. Especially with a low player count. In the first round of our yesterday game the changing of ownership and location of the kamis was really messing with the game flow.

Questions like this occurd":"oh I can again move the kamis in another province, but wait he's only counting in the warphase why should I move him then now " or "which one is the kami with double harvesting and who is now in control of him, oh wait the owner will move him in another round.. etc. "

On the one hand I like the kamis, but on the other hand I think the rules in blood rage for the gods was more straight forward and easier for all players.

Does anyone see a problem with houseruking the kami expansion like as it is in bloodrage (fixed random starting position of the good, can only be moved via Marshall of the player with the most worshipping)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MatteSan wrote:
SwissQueso wrote:
imthewhiterabbit wrote:

Thanks

Yes.

I can see where this rule comes from and the purpose in it. But unfortunately I find this highly disturbing. Especially with a low player count. In the first round of our yesterday game the changing of ownership and location of the kamis was really messing with the game flow.

Questions like this occurd":"oh I can again move the kamis in another province, but wait he's only counting in the warphase why should I move him then now " or "which one is the kami with double harvesting and who is now in control of him, oh wait the owner will move him in another round.. etc. "

On the one hand I like the kamis, but on the other hand I think the rules in blood rage for the gods was more straight forward and easier for all players.

Does anyone see a problem with houseruking the kami expansion like as it is in bloodrage (fixed random starting position of the good, can only be moved via Marshall of the player with the most worshipping)

I have never played Blood Rage, but how do you get gods in it?

The only thing I don't like about your rule is if you manage to outbid a Kami from someone else, you might not be able to use it in a way that will benefit you.

I could see the Kami being a little problematic in a smaller player count game, and honestly in that case I wouldn't play with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.