8 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: max of ready ammo/parts and reading on weapon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought I finaly understood this mechanic but now I don't.

1: How do you calculate the limit amout of ammo/part you can ready?
Is it the sum of all item plus base amount? (example: base 1 + quiver 4 + weapon 2 = 7 Or is it JUST the highest number from one source.(in this case 4)

2: When you ready ammo/part are they being readied ON a specific item?(ex:quiver/tool/weapon.) Some weapons have an effect base on the number of ammo readied on it...

I always get mad at MCG when this type of question occur. Makes me crazy to see such a great game being so unclear. It's just madness to trow so many concepts and mechanics(most of em being amazing) WITHOUT explaning them and the intention behind.

Thx again guys for clarifing things for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The item (quiver, tool bag, etc) should indicate the limit. A "base" number (such as a "ready 1 ammo" on your player token) is only what you get to start the game with.

Maybe I'm not understanding your example?

If you have a quiver that says 4 ammo,... then that is the most it can ever hold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the different items that can hold Ammo? Yes, there are certain weapons that can hold Ammo but these are either for the secondary slot or are weapons that take the primary and secondary slot. I think there is no situation where you can have two items equipped that hold Ammo.

So in conclusion: it is only the equipped item with the Ammo X keyword that determines how many Ammo you can have ready at any one time. There is no base number for Ammo. The hero token may have an indication how many Ammo you have ready when you start a quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Werner
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is one green item in the accessory slot that holds ammo: "extra ammo"
I don't have the card in front of me right now, but I counted it as ammo additional to the ammo held by a quiver/offhand weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much guys again. Myth has a great community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Wharton
msg tools
mb
Malefacus wrote:
Myth has a great community!

True about 90% of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok guys, how does this works?

I have Hand Crossbow(green item with sword symbol) in my main hand wich has 2 Ammo keyword. I also have Quiver(green item with shield symbol) in my off-hand wich has 5 ammo keyword. And I also have Extra Ammo(green item with ring symbol) in my accesory item slot wich has 2 Ammo keyword.

So how many Ammo can I ready?

Is it the sum of all my items? 2 + 5 + 2 = 7

Or is it just the highest number? 5

Also, the receipe from Shintari's Crossbow says ...and deal 1 damage to 1 target in range per Ammo readied ON THIS ITEM. How does this work? When we ready ammo do we ready them on specific item?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:
ok guys, how does this works?

I have Hand Crossbow(green item with sword symbol) in my main hand wich has 2 Ammo keyword. I also have Quiver(green item with shield symbol) in my off-hand wich has 5 ammo keyword. And I also have Extra Ammo(green item with ring symbol) in my accesory item slot wich has 2 Ammo keyword.

So how many Ammo can I ready?

Is it the sum of all my items? 2 + 5 + 2 = 7

Or is it just the highest number? 5

Also, the receipe from Shintari's Crossbow says ...and deal 1 damage to 1 target in range per Ammo readied ON THIS ITEM. How does this work? When we ready ammo do we ready them on specific item?

The maximum amount of Ammo cards you could hold at any one point would be 9 cards (I don't think there are even 9 Ammo cards in either the Archer's or Hunter's decks, so you could likely drop one of those items for something else). 2 + 5 + 2 = 9

I've never played as the Archer, but I would play it as: you have equipment/gear that requires Ammo, so you would "ready" the Ammo on those specific equipment items before you play your attack cards (just like in real life when you notch an arrow or load bullets into a pistol magazine). After playing an attack and using that Ammo, you could then "ready" additional Ammo for another attack if you have other Ammo cards stored in other places (such as your quiver).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.