United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we expect it to be very worth while to get a second core box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:

No! If you purchase additional copies, you increase supply which drives down the price of my extra copies ... stay away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a second core. Am not doing it for flipping/reselling but rather because I am SO SURE that a game-playing friend is going to regret not getting one and a core set plus stretch goals is going to make an awesome Christmas present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjy Simpson
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:
I got a second core. Am not doing it for flipping/reselling but rather because I am SO SURE that a game-playing friend is going to regret not getting one and a core set plus stretch goals is going to make an awesome Christmas present.

I will be your friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to have my first core...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Anderson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:

It seems worth while if you have the spare cash. Better value than the expansions although I am contemplating Siege. Two core = Double all the stretch goals and exclusives. No need to buy extra dice. Extra tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Johnson

Virginia
msg tools
I got a second core. There are so many extra minis in the stretch goals that I wanted. The ones I not I plan to sell and even get rid of the second core to offset the price I spent total on this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rupes
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Second Core means you don't need more dice/bases.
thumbsup Negates the need for the Legendary Battles expansion considering you get more rings, terrain, basic troops.
thumbsup The "value" per mini and the amount of content you get for the $ is very high compared to expansions.
thumbsup Resale will likely be highest on a packaged core bundle. If you want to buy something to sell, strongly recommend a core.

thumbsdown This game will likely be best for scenario play, and you will have to home-brew any 2-core scenarios, meaning you don't really get anything here.
thumbsdown If you are buying a second core instead of expansion, you are missing out on something cool like a castle or dead-pope-on-a-horse.
thumbsdown The core pledge already comes with a mountain of stuff, so you don't really expand your sandbox too much with another.
thumbsdown If you don't ever sell games, you increase your chance of getting a couple of giant boxes you have to store that you will never use.

The last thumbs down is why I wouldn't get a second core. I already have mountains of gaming stuff I'll likely never use. This game has a significant chance of only getting played a few times, and I am already heavily invested for that. If I buy a second core, I imagine it would stay shrink-wrapped "just in case" I decided to resale - but I wouldn't sell it and it would just take up lots of space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rupes
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slimninj4 wrote:
I got a second core. There are so many extra minis in the stretch goals that I wanted. The ones I not I plan to sell and even get rid of the second core to offset the price I spent total on this game.

I really doubt the resale will be that high on the SG content other than the "Super Exclusives" as they are fairly useless (just plastic miniatures) without a core set. If you strongly believe this game will hit retail, then I suppose they would hold some value, but as I believe it probably won't - I wouldn't buy a second core in hopes of getting much by reselling the stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I'm buying a second core to take the extra skeletons, mounted bowmen and other useful miniatures and terrain as well as the dice of course and the hexes too. I will sell the second Gog and Magog, Good Place Inn and the Super KSE trio to whoever wants them and expect they will probably fetch a nice price as they won't always be available on sites like Ebay and BGG. However the rest of the duplicate miniatures, especially the heroes will probably sell badly as this scale isn't too popular (so little room for crossover) and everyone else will have 1 or more of the same hero anyway. Anyone who doesn't will do when they buy a core set. I'd be amazed if a smaller core set didn't appear on Amazon at some point. To recoup the rest of the cost of the second core set you could sell a bundle of the KSE stretch goal troops. Someone somewhere will be keen to expand their collection, a little at a time. How much you get will depend on how many other people have the same idea and how many people are really going to want to buy additional miniatures so soon after the KS. I don't think anyone believes this will have the same resale potential as CMON's KSE HATE game or the KSE Batman game currently live on KS. I forgot to add, the Siege is just awesome! I wish there were two siege towers but perhaps we can make one like the one included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.