Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WARNER AIREY
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map features, Major Cities & Minor Cities.
The rules throughout, refer to CITIES, such as for VP and supply.
The term CITIES, is only talking about MAJOR CITIES... correct?

Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk & Poltava. For example, rule [15.3] GERMAN CITY GARRISONS, "...each city has an intrinsic garrison."

Safe for me to assume all the Minor Cities such as Krasnograd, Barvenkova, have no effect; just cosmetic. If they were termed "Towns", there would be no ambiguity.

(in game terms! No offense to actual citizens - I know Izyum etc are important cities in real life).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well I haven't got the rules with me but sounds like a correct interpretation. Otherwise it would really hinder the Soviets if there are a hidden slew of extra German strength points to overcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WARNER AIREY
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I agree the answer is clearly, yes. This was probably clarified in a later edition anyway. I'm using the 1978 "Nuguyev" version (Chuguev).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WARNER AIREY
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And some trivia. Which might save you from having a seizure when you try to say the name of the city.

Dnepropetrovsk has changed its name. The citizens of Dnepropetrovsk have always called the city, just "Dnepr".

So you are quite correct to shorten it, by calling it "Dnepr".

And that is pronounced, "Nepper" or "Nepp'r". Actually, sounds most like, "Neppa". Simple.

Much easier.

This helps in pretty much any Eastern Front game.

It isn't just me. The people who LIVE there, hated all that effort and twisting their mouths around the full name, Duhhh-Nee-Prop... Oh, I give up..."

Neppa.

Much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.