3 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Shadows Over Hammerhal» Forums » General

Subject: Homebrew Quest suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Forte
Canada
flag msg tools
After having successfully run the hammerhal campaign at my local G-dubs, the hero party has expressed an interest in eventually playing again.

I was hoping to give them some new content and have been interested in building my own quests for a while.

Any suggestions/tips on how to strike a balance between challenging quests that are still fair?

Thanks for any ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reynolds
England
flag msg tools
I'm going for the simple approach to designing dungeons. Lay them out on the table. Put a number somewhere on each room. Photograph. Et voila.

Each room has a simple structure. A description, contents and secrets. Each dungeon gets an ambush table and a random event table. I'm going to add a description of the entrance up above in Cinderfall to cut down on confusion and add some immersion.

The other thing I've done is slightly weaken the characters (mostly minor stuff) and add 3x3 levels of advancement.I want to be able to play with different numbers of players so I'm planning on having enemy encounters with variable numbers of henchmen.

As far as balancing goes, my plan is to start off weedy and build up - just like any rpg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Forte
Canada
flag msg tools
Sounds sensible. My major concern is figuring out how enemies balance out. Since I am going to be using adversaries not included in the hammerhal or silver tower box set,how does one determine what is the value of what... For instance if you look at a dungeon from hammerhal that had 10 bloodreavers in one room and 3 blighlords in another how would you make it the same difficulty using tzaangors and tzeentch flamers lets say. That was just an example but it could be anything i suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.