Subject: Must One Take A Swan? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules are a tad cloudy if one can just place a room and not take a swan.

It could have been a critical ending to a recent game because of the bonus for least swans but I didn't think about it until later. It was the last room played and it was a grey utility room.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Brown
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just reading the rules myself, but my understanding is you take no swan if you not match colors on the connecting door. You only take a swan when the colors match (including the gray wild card swan as a color match).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathOfTheParty wrote:
The rules are a tad cloudy if one can just place a room and not take a swan.

It could have been a critical ending to a recent game because of the bonus for least swans but I didn't think about it until later. It was the last room played and it was a grey utility room.

Thanks

You must take a swan if you match a swan to another one when you place a tile (or if a gray swan on your tile is placed next to any other swan). There's no "may" so it's a must.

the Palace rules wrote:
If a tile is placed so that a swan color in an entrance matches the swan color in an adjoining entrance, the players who own the two adjacent tiles each receive a swan of that color.

Gray swans are wild, and always match their adjacent color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Ted,

The "mays are in the next couple of sentences in the rules so that is what made me question. It seemed odd that if it was grey on grey a player "may" and otherwise did not. A single swan can be a game changer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary S Douglass
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The owner of the matching room, if different, must also take a swan. So you can mess with someone who has fewest, also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.