Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about card #329 for the Lightning class:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
For the bottom action of the Unbridled Power action card, does the character do a Heal 3 (Self) each round or only the round it is placed into the character's Active Area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Only the round it is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pachl
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I played that wrong the whole time. Will have to rething about how to play this charakter (my active character in our campaign at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhl7 wrote:
Only the round it is played.

Why do you claim that? No other card that remains in the Active Area with an infinity symbol does that (that I have found in looking at 10 different character classes).

Can you cite a ruling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
It's like a mindtheif augment. Part is one time use, part is forever.

If it was heal every turn, it would say it. It doesn't, so its not.

The part that lives forever is the bit about your max health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still looking for a rule citation, FAQ citation, or link to a message post from Isaac. No offense to those of you who have replied so far, but without such a citation, you are only stating your opinion (which can be in error).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
marms wrote:
Still looking for a rule citation, FAQ citation, or link to a message post from Isaac. No offense to those of you who have replied so far, but without such a citation, you are only stating your opinion (which can be in error).

What? If you think it's the other way then you need to provide proof. We are just doing what the card says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ribsies wrote:
marms wrote:

What? If you think it's the other way then you need to provide proof. We are just doing what the card says.

From my point of view, you are the one making a positive claim. Those who do should be the one to provide proof or any sort of supporting evidence whatsoever (other than mere assertion of truth).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
You have proof already. The card mentioned in this thread is proof. Any mind thief augment card is proof.

Your problem is you don't accept working on cards as proof?

Every single persistent card that does something every turn will say it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kornetmuse kornetmuse
France
flag msg tools
If you want proof, here's some.

take your 324 card for exemple. It says "at the start of each turn suffer 2 damage" .

The infinite symbols only says that the card is always active. It doesn't say that the card is "played" again each turn .

In your card there no trace of "at the start of each turn" or "during each of your turn" so the heal action is a one shot.

Besides the ultimate proof would be that the card would be overcheated if it allows you to heal 3pv each turn .

Good sense is almost always the good answer .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Loehr
Canada
flag msg tools
Here's you proof.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1757202/question-concerning...

Note that Isaac comments in this thread.

Next time do a search using google before demanding that someone else does it for you.
E.g.: Unbridled Power Gloomhaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kornetmuse wrote:
If you want proof, here's some.

take your 324 card for exemple. It says "at the start of each turn suffer 2 damage" .

The infinite symbols only says that the card is always active. It doesn't say that the card is "played" again each turn .

In your card there no trace of "at the start of each turn" or "during each of your turn" so the heal action is a one shot.

Besides the ultimate proof would be that the card would be overcheated if it allows you to heal 3pv each turn .

Good sense is almost always the good answer .

Maybe another card comparison that does not include the text "at the start of each turn" or "during each of your turn". Let's look at card #184, a level 1 "Sun" icon class action card. Spoiler below:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The card name is Defensive Stance. The bottom section reads:
Shield 1
Self
Deduct -1 Move from all your moves
(1 XP) (Infinity symbol) (Loss symbol)

By your same reasoning, the Shield 1 Self is only applied the turn it comes into play. Is the Shield 1 Self a permanent effect? We have been treating it as such, otherwise the card would make no sense. So, it is a "Shield 1 Self" effect that comes into play and does not expire at end of round.

Now that I type this out, I think that this is the key to what you are saying and where my misunderstanding came from. It is not that the bottom of Defensive Stance reapplies itself each turn. It is that it applies once and does not expire at end of round but rather persists as long as the card remains in the Active Area.

OK, I now see the error in my thinking. To see the explanation, you would have to read the spoiler section above. Thank you all for sticking with me in exploring this question. I do hereby agree with your explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
midgar wrote:
Here's you proof.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1757202/question-concerning...

Note that Isaac comments in this thread.

Next time do a search using google before demanding that someone else does it for you.
E.g.: Unbridled Power Gloomhaven.

Jeremy, I did already read that message thread. Thank you for assuming that I did not. In the thread, Isaac only said this:
Quote:
Yes, Unbridled Power is situational, but it can also set up a stupidly powerful Glass Hammer.
, which did not in any way answer the question about the Heal. As it stands, I now understand the basic concept for cards that are put into the Active Area with an Infinity Symbol. Btw, most of those cards I never had any confusion about. This one gave me pause, but now I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.