Deception: Undercover Allies» Forums » General

Subject: Extremely disappointed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS exclusive stuff is good but cards have different back color from the original game. The role cards are useless, three different backs. Clue and mean card backs do not match either with the base set. A total disaster.

The most worrying thing is there´s no official answer about what the solution will be. Even buying the premium role set, there are not enough detective cards. For the KS price this is totally unacceptable. It´s incredible this serious problem has not been mentioned in a couple reviews I watched. I hope there will be an alternative to fix this.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably won't buy/back anything from Grey Fox Games again after what I received
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think we should all wait till Grey Fox announces a solution to the issue, before getting so worked up. They're working on it and will let everyone know once they decide on the next step.

And yes... I too wish reviewers would be much more up front about poor component quality. The Dice Tower and many others usually gloss over clear component issues more often than not.

For example, how many reviewers addressed the awful quality of the marbles in Potion Explosion? Almost none. Certainly, none of the main ones.

Reviewers should not be afraid to make designers and companies mad and actually mention problems with components. This happens time and time again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
adammal wrote:
Role cards are fixed with a smile matte back sleeve.

Who cares if the means/clue cards have different backs - no game reason for them to be similar.

I think you meant simple instead of smile. But I kind of liked 'Role cards are fixed with a smile'. Sound like a good solution to most things in life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadMime wrote:
I think we should all wait till Grey Fox announces a solution to the issue, before getting so worked up. They're working on it and will let everyone know once they decide on the next step.

And yes... I too wish reviewers would be much more up front about poor component quality. The Dice Tower and many others usually gloss over clear component issues more often than not.

For example, how many reviewers addressed the awful quality of the marbles in Potion Explosion? Almost none. Certainly, none of the main ones.

Reviewers should not be afraid to make designers and companies mad and actually mention problems with components. This happens time and time again.

Maybe they didn't have an issue? My marbles are certainly fine. Doesn't mean some people's don't have issues, but it may also mean that the issues aren't particularly rampant either. Majority of people who have the game probably don't have a BGG account, and surely everyone who doesn't have an issue with component quality of marbles hasn't spoken up about it (similarly I doubt all people with issues have).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have mentioned regarding this role card issue, this is something we've been working on with the printer. It is neither a quick nor simple solution, especially during Chinese New Year.

We are doing our best to resolve it and will be letting folks know as soon as we have the logistics worked out. We apologize for those who have run into this. It's incredibly frustrating for us as well. As mentioned, there are workarounds in the meantime.... but that doesn't mean we won't be working on a way to resolve this ourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the ni-ight...
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there issues with the role cards in the retail version as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
alpec73 wrote:
As others have mentioned regarding this role card issue, this is something we've been working on with the printer. It is neither a quick nor simple solution, especially during Chinese New Year.

We are doing our best to resolve it and will be letting folks know as soon as we have the logistics worked out. We apologize for those who have run into this. It's incredibly frustrating for us as well. As mentioned, there are workarounds in the meantime.... but that doesn't mean we won't be working on a way to resolve this ourselves.

Grey Fox has a great game here so I would believe that everyone at Grey Fox games is doing their best to find a solution. Let everyone know.

I am curious though, how does one get the title 'Chief Noisemaker at Grey Fox Games'. Awesome title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
alpec73 wrote:

Grey Fox has a great game here so I would believe that everyone at Grey Fox games is doing their best to find a solution. Let everyone know.

I am curious though, how does one get the title 'Chief Noisemaker at Grey Fox Games'. Awesome title

One is allowed to make it up! I was inspired by Suzanne Sheldon's title of Master of Fireworks with Restoration Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday's Blackbacked Euro sleeves can do the trick, but really this should be on Grey Fox Games to correct, rather than the consumers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Walker
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mega Metroid!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on this? I bought this game retail and the card difference is astounding. The finish, colour, everything is off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.