Subject: Murano or Burano? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found both of these at a decent price, but I'm unsure which one to take. If that helps I play mainly two player games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lewandowski
United States
St. Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Murano... love planning on how to move the boats around.
Not sure how good it would be 2 player.
Haven't played the Burano yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both and I enjoy both. Burano has the interesting cube pyramid mechanism, but I'm not sure that makes it a better game than Murano. Tough call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that the theme won't help that much in the decision making. How did you find the cube mechanism, I was worried it would be a bit fiddly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
macfix wrote:
I guess that the theme won't help that much in the decision making. How did you find the cube mechanism, I was worried it would be a bit fiddly.

I don't think its excessively fiddly . . . but it can cause AP because, as you build your pyramid, you need to think about the sequence of actions you plan to take and then build the pyramid accordingly. If you tend to play with people who overthink every move it might take them a long time just to decide how to arrange their cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy both games, but certainly rate Burano higher.
However, Burano is definitely more complex and longer... but also more rewarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kerchner
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough choice as both are great games. As another use already pointed out, Burano is a lot more complex, whereas Murano is much simpler/lighter. Burano and makes you think harder about every one of your decisions, whereas Murano doesn't make you feel like you have to make THE right decision each turn in order to win the game or even do well. Burano is more regimented whereas Murano feels more open. Both are good with 2 players and both involve players potentially blocking each other's moves/actions...although I found that Murano is a tad more cutthroat.

Either way, you can't go wrong choosing between these two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomato or Tomato??

(Tomahto) or (Tomayto) (phonetically)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murano is a great Euro with a neat action selection mechanism and a cool scoring mechanism. The downside is the area control is not as fun with two players, but it is still a great game.

Burano is a forgettable Euro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand Murano to be a decent mid weight game, and Burano to be a heavy failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.