United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

A gamer friend is returning home to Germany for a while and asked if I wanted anything when he returns.

I thought I'd ask if there were any games only/readily available in Germany that can't be found stateside, that are super high on your want list.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything, but it seemed a crime not to take advantage of all of your knowledge.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funny... I have a friend coming to visit from Germany and I wondered the thing but in reverse: What could I give her to take back home when she leaves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll always recommend picking up a copy of Limes whenever someone visits Germany, as that seems to be hard to get for a fair price (at least in the US). It's very small and light, so you still have space for many other games. ;)

Sadly Walnut Grove is no longer widely available over here either since a couple of weeks, otherwise I'd have urged you to get that while you still can... :/

Glen More is getting an English reprint too, so no need to fetch a German copy of that either. Guess Limes is the only game I've got left to recommend to visitors, huh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First games I can think of are Nauticus (you can find it for less than 20 euro) and Council of 4 (less than 10 euro).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This recent thread has some good suggestions: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1938398/best-language-indep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how distribution is for Karuba: The Card Game.

If that is hard to find in the US, I would recommend that game. If you like very light games, that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend just ordered 6 nimmt! from U.S. Amazon, but it was shipped from Germany. So get that one in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
miruki wrote:
I'll always recommend picking up a copy of Limes whenever someone visits Germany, as that seems to be hard to get for a fair price (at least in the US). It's very small and light, so you still have space for many other games.

I already own Cities. I've heard there are some definite difference, but I'm not sure it warrants duplication.

If you (or anyone) has played both Cities and Limes, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.