4 Posts

UBOOT: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Attack disc question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Ding Dong
msg tools
To those who had the prototype in their hands:
Is the attack disc based on the historical Version? So if I build myself one based on the historical version can I fully use all the functions inside the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

It is not the exact same as the historical version (and I think there was more than one), but you if you look through google, then you can find some interesting examples (especially on subsim.com).

If you are interested, here is a historically accurate version with an interactive demo:

http://www.tvre.org/demos/demo_2/index.html?setLng=en-US

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like the attack disc works more as a mnenomic for the navigator to remember the numbers which the 1st officer yells at him. You could probably just arrange tokens on the map, if you can quickly add and subtract numbers in the range from 0-360.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ding Dong
msg tools
Muttah wrote:
Hi there!

It is not the exact same as the historical version (and I think there was more than one), but you if you look through google, then you can find some interesting examples (especially on subsim.com).

If you are interested, here is a historically accurate version with an interactive demo:

http://www.tvre.org/demos/demo_2/index.html?setLng=en-US

Thats why I asked. I am used to the one tgat moddders brought into the Silent Hunter games. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.