6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Upgrading/repurposing board games or components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
So I've been in the process of building my first print and play (zombie plague) and one of the things I've come across is using the board and buildings from a mall madness game as a zombie mall. Sounds awesome! So it got me thinking, what other games or could be/have been reused like this? Seems like a great way to breathe some life into some old games (or a great way to drop some thrift store money on some old games!)

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games you thrift for components

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah! I've been through that thread, great stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk games and Buck Rogers are great for dudes on a map bits.

GameCrafter also has what I think are Endure the Stars character minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
I picked up a couple of battleship games to use for stat/inventory trackers. I grabbed clue DVD for the minis and maybe the cards. I got classic clue for the mansion map. Figure to maybe turn the clue board into the mansion from resident evil for a zombie plague map. Anyone know of a way to change the room pictures? I'd like to try to retheme it completely and possibly use multiple clue boards as multiple levels of said mansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people who buy the deluxe version of Dread Pirate do so for the components. The game itself is a lackluster roll and move.

The wooden chest it comes in, the large doubloons ... paperweight like ship figurines...the quality velvet bags... all top notch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.