3 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: FFG Demo Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haunting Questions
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in 2015, FFG put out some free "Demo Decks," apparently featuring a Stark and a Lannister deck to help newbies learn.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/30/enlist-...

Anybody know any details about these decks? Are the cards the same alternate printing as the promos? Are they just core cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s probably just the core cards needed for the stark/Lannister starter game. I’ve never seen this demo kit, but I have a demo kit for warhammer conquest and it’s basically just two decks of core cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each demo deck was comprised of certain key cards from the Core. They were only 40 cards each, and had 6 Plots not 7. They were not constructed according to the official formula. There were two decks, one of Stark and Baratheon cards, and the other of Lannister and Tyrell. I have used them for teaching the game. I also constructed a list that would allow similar decks for all combinations of factions to be put together, with a view to using it for casual melee games with new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.