Fields of Arle: Tea & Trade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra carts etc from the expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Phillips
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion comes with some additional carts, stables etc and they are in the section of components list for 3 players. If I am playing with just 2, do I need to take them out to limit the supply?

Logic and the fact they are listed under 3 players would suggest yes, but surely that job would have been made much easier if they had the 3 player colour dots printed on them like other 3 player only components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tido Lorenz
Germany
NRW (OWL)
flag msg tools
Hi Andy,
you are right - according to the rules the additional carts etc. just "sneak in", in the rule-version i have with me here they are not mentioned apart from the material list.
But on the material list it's listed under "3rd player expansion", so it was meant to have a "3p-version symbol" as you mentioned.

I would say it doesn't much harm to leave them in, since with 2 players the ships take a little bit of cart-demand away anyway. But if both players play cart-heavy and/or you like the competition for the 3rd cart you may leave them out.

I asked Feuerland to evaluate whether to put the 3p-symbol on the addition carts with the next version.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer,
Tido
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would just leave all the small carts in the game for 2-player games. In my experience, they are rarely worth building anyway; however, I do like the fact that the 3-player rules give you one of these at the start of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Eldritch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related point, should the number of ships be limited in the 2 player setup? Seems weird that there are enough for both players to fill their harbours, whereas the other vehicles are limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.